need advice on fearful rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome progress! I would have a rabbit savvy vet look at his eye, just in case there is anything wrong with it. That would explain why he is fearful.

Well, the vet said there is nothing he can find wrong, but agrees that Dragon gives little to no reaction to any stimuli directed at just the one eye. Blood work and urine tests came back clean and good. There is no scarring on the cornea or anything he could find. His theory is that there is a misfire in the receptors for vision on that side somewhere in his brain. Advice I got was to work with him calmly and to handle him regularly to get him over the fear, we developed a sound to get his attention and he is doing well learning that this sound means I will touch him.

so glad to hear progress is being made by leaps and bounds! I had a cat TBone that lived to 21 and when I took her in for her "annual checkup" at 19 the Vet asked me how long she had been blind :shock:? What? I said - she's not blind? Yes he said, she is.I had noticed that her eyeshad gotten that old age blue look, but she never "appeard" to have any problems finding her way around. I never noticed when this happened (she always followed me everywhere - her entire life) and kept it up until her final day.

Keep updating asDragons story isso interesting to follow.

I once got a call about a bun who needed rescue. A lady called me to come get her bun because she was tired of her husband picking up the bun by the scruff and shaking it in the air. He thought this was funny... So I went to the house and was stunned to find the bun was a two pound ND with blue eyes. She was completely terrified of me and everyone else and would cry if you reached for her, actually cry out!! I was so mad...But with lots of patients and love Frankie become a total love bunny and is now very happy in her new home. If we can do it with little Frankie then you can do it with Dragon. Keep it up.

What wonderful stories and huge progress w/ Dragon! He is a pretty boy. Keep up the great work and do continue updating his progress. It may help others down the line.

Latest posts

Back