Need a new cage, preferably metal, need advice!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks I will!! :)

Im excited!!! This will be our new leaf so to speak!

Oh wow what a great cage. Is it the one that's 3 high 4 wide with like 4 levels. That will be heaven for your bunny.

I can hardly wait to see him in the cage.

Susan:)

Mel I definitely will! :)

Thanks Susan!! Yes the cage is 3x4, it's going to have 5 levels I believe, 4 1x2 and 1 2x2 in the middle. I will post pictures of what I have finished today, the rest will be finished tomorrow. It looks so cute! I got square dowels instead of round ones, I thought it would've been sturdier, that and they were MUCH cheaper, by like $4.00 each!

I put it on a piece of plywood that is 1 inch bigger in dimension and then put the plywood on rolling casters. I got green carpet (to remind him of the grass :p) and I have those P clip things to screw the cage into the plywood as well! I ran out of zipties otherwise the roof and levels would've been on tonight. I really want to paint the dowels brown to match the earthy theme I've got going! Cannot wait, he will have so much room, I love my little Peter Cartier Rabbit :)

Thank you to all who gave me advice on this topic it is very much appreciated!! :)

Here is what I have so far!!

1-5.jpg

2-5.jpg

3-3.jpg

In the last picture you can see the clips I will be using to screw the cage into the plywood. I have 3 clips per grid so I needn't be worried about instability :)

No problem! Anytime! Maybe someone looking to make an NIC/C&C cage will use the link I used to build theirs! It was so easy from the link, it literally tells you everything step by step with materials.

I love posting stuff like this! I recently had a new ferret nation cage and received an older model 3rd level tier for the top. They ARE incompatible but I got drilling and I got creative and made it work, then I posted step by step instructions with pictures for people on ferret forums so they know that it is at the very least possible to do!

Anyways, I'm getting carried away lol back to working soon :)

I finished the cage earlier this evening and I put the carpeting down. I am waiting for my ex-boyfriend to bring me the rest of the NIC cubes that I had in the apartment so I can use that to further stabilize the shelves, so I can hold out until Sunday :)

It's so nice actually, I can't wait to decorate it tomorrow and definitely vacuum it first thing in the morning!!

1new.jpg

3new.jpg

Latest posts

Back