Need a home for the bun I found

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brdlovrsd

Reaction score
Hi this is Sancia and I am the one that had thebun running around my townhome complex, well we were able to catch itand it is in my backyard at the moment but I am realizing this babyneeds an experienced bun owner's home! I have been on the phone allmorning trying to find a place with not much luck ;( Is thereanyone on here in So Cal that could help me or give it a temporary homeuntil a permanent one can be found, it is very hot here and I havebarely any shade and the poor thing is trying to dig out of my yard! Idid find a farm place but they said only if it's a female will theytake it and I have no idea if it is or not, so I figured I would takeit down there but if its a male then what? I feel terrible about thisand I don't want to drop it back off at the clubhouse that is not safe!If anyone can help her is my cell number, I am desperate that is why Iam posting my number LOL it is 714-308-6644. Thanks for any and allhelp!

Sancia

I just checked all over the web and I found one place that might be able to help you, here is the link:

http://www.cityofirvine.org/depts/cs/animalcare/default.asp

Do you have a umbrella or something that you can make into shade forthe little guy? They also recommend a plastic bottle withfrozen water so the bun can lay against it. Make sure the bunhas access to some water.

Good Luck in finding the little guy a new home...

Hi Sancia

I am so pleased you managed to rescue this little guy. The only help Ican give is that you could phone the House rabbit Society in Californiaon (510) 970 7575 and maybe they can help you out. Goodluck -JanEL:and (510) 970-7575
TEL: (510) 970-7575

I think this was one of the million places Icalled LOL! My hubby and I just went and checked her and we think sheis a female as far as we could tell! The place we are gonna take it tonow that we know its a female is owned by the guy that owns the birdstore near me it is called Jones Family Farm, in San Juan Capistrano,one of the bunny rescue places told me they have a real nice set upsince he has taken it over. I really want a bun a little one that canbe kept in our house I feel bad for this one cause I just don't feelqualified to care for it, it really breaks my heart cause I feel like aterrible person but I know I am looking out for the best interest ofthe bun, she was not safe over at the clubhouse trying to survive!

Sancia

This makes me feel better cause I feel terribleright now cause I am an animal lover and feel so terrible for takingthis bunny someplace else but I just don't think we can take correctcare of her, I am so glad you guys understand!

Sancia

I am not sure if Ican find it a homeor not? If you do want to foster it though I would be more then willingto bring it to you, if you want you can call me cause we are about toleave to take her to that farm unless you want us to bring her to youlet me know ASAP!

Sancia

Sure that would be wonderful, call if you can at the number I posted! I am about 45 mins from you!

Sancia

Sancia,

I'm so glad you found her. My heart just sank yesterdaymorning when I saw your post about her. I thought for suresomething terrible had happened to her when she didn't show up to eat.

Laura

I just wanted you all to know I think we madethe right decision for the bun. We took her down to the farm today andshe got to join a bunch of other buns they are well fed and cared forshe was running around like she was so happy, everyone that saw her wascommenting on how happy she was ;) We went in the pin areawith her and she did seem nervous but she would go lay down to theother buns and cuddle up next to them it was so sweet! I think that isthe type of environment that she needed, I am glad that she is out ofharms way now! We went looking at some buns at the care center and aregoing back tomorrow to see them we think we might get a dwarf bunny hisname is Willow and he is a sweetie pie! He is neutered, litter boxtrained and likes to sit in your lap, sounds perfect for our home, I amtrying to learn everything I can before bringing home a bun! SO watchfor lots of questions ;)

Sancia

Check the Cheat Sheet in the Top Picks thread, TONS ofgood info there!

Glad you found a good place for the bunny! Good job!!

Did you happen to check out your local rescue shelter for bunnies?Sometimes there are bunnies there in need of good homes...the one Iadopted from there was already spayed and therew was just a 35 adoptionfee...saving a life and saving a lil $ at the same time as that stuffcan get pretty pricy!

Am lookin for another bunny myself and have decided, I think, to gothat route again....I've decided I'd rather save another life!

Yes that is where Willow is at a rescue shelter,they had an adoption day today with al the rescue people educating uson buns! This shelter charges 70.00 for the bun and they are alreadyneutered and microchipped. Now we just have to get a pen for it to stayin, in the house. I was trying to find the things that some of you haveused to make a condo, I went to Target but couldn't find them ;(

Sancia

Sancia, I am so pleased everything worked out sowell for you and that little bun. It would be great if you decided toadopt a rescue bunny. Like Putergeekgirl said, the CheatSheet is a really good place to start, and everyone here is reallyhelpful, so don't be afraid to ask for help :)- Jan

brdlovrsd wrote:
Yes that is where Willow is at a rescue shelter, they had anadoption day today with al the rescue people educating us on buns! Thisshelter charges 70.00 for the bun and they are already neutered andmicrochipped. Now we just have to get a pen for it to stay in, in thehouse. I was trying to find the things that some of you have used tomake a condo, I went to Target but couldn't find them ;(

Sancia
At my Target they are real close to the home improvement section, whereall the wired organizer type things are......I'd be shocked if theydidn't have them!

Glad to hear your going to save a life!!! YEAH!!!!

Latest posts

Back