Necro's pulling fur out of his chest.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChandieLee

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this...

Necro is pulling hair out of his chest... I guess he has been pulling it out today because now there's a bald patch, and the skin looks kinda pink. He's eating and drinking okay. He's also alert. I was wondering why he may be doing that though. In any case, he's going to the vet tomorrow. Belle has an appointment tomorrow anyway, so I'll bring him along as well.

Does he do anything with the fur, like put it in a specific spot? I have heard of a few boys nesting.

Or maybe he's stressed with Belle being sick?

Let us know what the vet says!

Yepp. I'm 100% sure he's a he. :)Legitimite question though. I'm thinking it may be a skin irritation. I looked at some pictures of mange and fur mited and that doesn't quite seem to be the problem. There's just one bald patch, only on his chest. Could he be pulling fur out due to stress too? I'm wondering if he could be stressed out due to Belle being sick? He's not putting it in any specific location that I can see. He's just kind of pulling it out.

Sorry for the delay in the update... I couldn't get on RO...

Well, I brought him to the vet and she said that it seems behavioural. First she checked the bald spot and everything was fine. She then asked me whether Belle or Necro was more dominant than the other, and I told her that Belle was. She said that made alot of sense; I guess the "subordinate" bunny can get stressed out being around the dominant bunny and that can lead to a self-mutilating type of behaviour... :?So, she wants me to keep them seperated for a few weeks to see if anything changes. So far, after keeping them seperated for a couple of day, I haven't seen him pull any fur. I wonder though, does that mean they'll have to be seperated permanently?

Thanks for the update Chandie, I was sure wondering about Necro;).

I wouldn't think they'd have to be separately permantely. Probably just until Belle gets better. I just hope their bond isn't broken in the mean time, which can happen.

What about him (the subordinate bunny) being really upset because his protector/the boss bunny is sick? That could turn his whole world upside down--seeing the "big kahuna bunny" in a weak situation. It may be just me, but I think seeing Belle sick could be enough to make Necro really upset to the point of pulling fur. (shrug)

Latest posts

Back