NB: Any AZ shelters/members with a doe that can foster newborns?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipp

Reaction score
I put this in the Rabbitry, but maybe there's a rescue?

Somebody has a new rescue bunny that unbeknownst to her (and apparently everyone else) came to her already pregnant.Therescue place isn't helping, they seem to think she shouldjust let the kits die.

The mom gave birth to four kits last night. She didn't pull any hair, make a nest and she's not appearing to be lactating. The owner took the works to the vet, who suspects she won't lactate. The owner is now trying to handfeed KMR with an eye dropper.

If anybody has a doe that can foster the babies, or any good advice for this poor woman (I think this is her first rabbit, although she's a good researcher), please post or email me!

sas

Where in Arizona are the kits located. I have one time one of my bunnies refuse to take care of the kits. it was probably the mother bunnies first time and doesn't know what to do. If the dam of the mother bunny wasn't a good mother then most likely the daughter won't be either. How many kits did the bunny have again? I just had one of my does have three kits.

Back