naughty bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is she young? Has she been spayed? You might justwant to keep her off the couch. Sometimes rabbits do that to lay claimto something that is considered your territory. She wants to make ithers. She might learn in time. It might stop when she gets spayed. Oneof my rabbits still occasionally poops on the couch while the othernever has. It's weird and really frustrating.

Welcome to the forum, beans_mommy,

Sounds like time for a water gun when you see your little troublemaker get on the couch.

I'm with Sarah. I'd keep her off the furniture as much as possibleuntil she gets better control. The squirt of a watergun usually helpsin training them for the litterbox or bad behavior. Give a warning,then shoot. If she's on the couch and you see the tail turn up, movefast.

:)

I'm at the point where I only have to pick the watergun up or reach forit and Tucker, one of my rabbits that doesn't always go in hislitterbox, beats feet for it or if I'm too late, runs for cover.

Keep us posted if you find something that works. They really areterritorial little buggers, as Sarah pointed out, especially beforegetting fixed.

-Carolyn

P.S.

Sometimes if you've had company or another animal had laid there orthey pick up another scent, that can spark them to wish to mark thecouch. Don't know if you've had any changes or other animals lyingaround, but it could contribute to her urinating on the couch if so.

thanks for ur suggestions......other animalswhere on the couch but have always been since we gother........i am thinking that the blanket that was on there had thesmells from camping and maybe that is what she didnt like.....

Could be!

Could also be that she's asserting herself more with the other smells of the animals.

or both.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back