Natural Supplements

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buttercup142

Reaction score
I was wondering what everyone thinks about givingyour bunnies natural supplements. Does anyone give there rabbits anysupplements and if yes what kind?

Thanks,

Buttercup

I use natural remedies a lot because of badexperience with traditional treatments. Iused Sambucoloncefor immune system, but unfortunately he was too far goneby the time I tried it, so I can't say for sure if it would work onsomething milder. It is sweet though so use with care.

Tea Tree oil is a favorite for treating cuts, scrapes, and otherwounds. It's a powerful disinfectant/antiseptic for external injuries.It also is a powerful flea repellent, but can mildly irritate skin asit is potent.

Blackberries/leaves work for diarrhea, but the leaves need de-spiking first. Oatmeal also helps that.

Papaya is supposed to be good for parasites, but haven't tried it yet.

As far as nutritional supplements, I don't really use those, so can't help you there.

Good luck!

Rose

Welcome aboard, Buttercup142, :dude:

In the winter, Black Oil Sunflower Seeds to warm them. It acts as a'hot food' when they eat it. I fed that to the wild rabbits this pastwinter because it was so bitterly cold and we had so much snow. Myinside rabbits don't need it because the temperature remains at 70.

Comfrey helps for stress, etc. I give my rabbits oats which has manyimportant advantages, and I do give my rabbits garlic, which has anamazing amount of benefits for rabbits. I also occasionally give thempapaya which helps move fur through their system that the hay didn'tget upon other benefits.

One of my rabbits has blocked tear ducts and they can't be fixed. Somedays are worse than others, but when it gets bad, I rub a littleVitamin E Oil onto the skin. It does help.

You might wish to look up the following website. I really like it as areferral to Herbal Remedies for Rabbits.http://islandgems.net/herbalremedies.html

:)

-Carolyn

P.S. You might also check out this site regarding Safe Foods forRabbits while you're at it. http://earthhome.tripod.com/saferab.html

Latest posts

Back