Natural Science Digestive Support Hay Tablets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XxlizannaXx

Bunny Mommy
Reaction score
hello i got my bunny, Chloe the Natural Science Digestive Support Hay Tablets to help with her digestive system but i was wondering if anyone has ever given their bunnies these before?

Keeping an eye on this topic as I, too, am curious about this. :)

The ingredient list seemed okay with me. My only concern is the slippery elm bark. What worries me about this is whether or not that will be dangerous for rabbits with blockages, if it is rabbit-safe, and if it will interfere with absorption of medicines should bun be on medicines. From what I understand, slippery elm bark forms a "layer" on the stomach's lining, which is a good thing for those with chronic issues (GI upset in dogs/cats, acid reflux in humans for example) but I do know that it interferes with absorption of medicines if taken too closely to the time of medication.

That's my only concerns with it! Could probably come in handy for those with buns who are a little pickier and not the biggest hay-eaters. Eagerly awaiting to see what anyone else has to say about them! :)

I bought some for Zero when he was three months old, the veterinarian on staff at Oxbow is familiar with Zero's history. He recommended not feeding them until Z was at least five months. I never asked why, you can email Oxbow and find out if they are suitable for your bun. The label doesn't say what age to feed them at but it does suggest consulting with your veterinarian.

I use them as occasional treats for my crew. They smell very strongly sweet so I'm careful not to overdo it. They do contain cane molasses. I suspect they could add quite a bit of calories to my buns diet. I've had no problems so far. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

I've tried a number of their hay tabs (and just placed an order for more joint and immune support). I'm not entirely convinced they're effective, but I am convinced they don't hurt and the buns think they're great just as a treat. I have yet to have a negative interaction with oxbow as a company. Their entire product line is great and their staff are always helpful. Tonight I literally wore an oxbow t shirt to the garage to check my oxbow product stash before placing my order with my school's rep (and yes, even if we didn't get a discount, I would still feed my rabbits oxbow).

Latest posts

Back