Nasal Discharge

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhianna

Reaction score
Recently I've noticed a small amount of discharge from Bear's nose. It's like the creases of his nose are lined with a slightly sticky, clear liquid. There's also a little bit on his front paws from grooming. It's been about 4-5 days since I first noticed.

The thing is, I can't figure out what's causing it. I don't spray any scents in my room or use air freshener. Bear's cage and litter box are always kept clean. Nothing significant has really changed in his environment or care at all since a month or so ago. He's acting completely normal otherwise- no sneezing, no snuffly breathing sounds, he seems completely fine.

Should I worry too much about it right now? I'm hesitant to take him to the vet because I'm between jobs right now and money's tight for a while. Since it doesn't seem to be bothering him, I don't really want to spend a lot of money on a vet visit at the moment (of course if he was very unhealthy then I wouldn't hesitate to bring him to the vet, don't worry). I just want to make sure I'm not making the wrong choice by just brushing it off.

It could be due to some dusty hay or litter. Or sometimes they can have a bit of a wet nose after drinking. It's something you'll want to keep an eye on and if it worsens, you see white or colored discharge, and/or your bun starts sneezing a lot, then you definitely should get him checked by your vet.

I'll keep an eye on it and definitely bring him to the vet if it gets much worse. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back