nail clipping help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flagrl

Reaction score
how do you get your bunny to hold still long enough to clip nails. i have tried flipping him on his back like i have seen but he freaks out. what should i do? i would like to be able to clip his nails. he will sit on my lap for a little bit if i pet him and he will sit by me all day if i pet him if that info helps any.

Totally possible with one person. Qtip doesn't mind being flipped, it's the being turned 90 degrees while on her back that she doesn't like. What you can do for a bunny who doesn't like the flip...
Put a towel down, and have her climb onto it. Once she's up there, secure her real nice in it. Youtube pictures of the bunny burrito. I usually wrap Tippy up once she's lying on her back, but if you get her to climb onto the towel, it would work too. Make sure she's wrapped up nice and snug before you try to flip her, otherwise she could hurt herself trying to get out of it.
I like to sit on the floor with my legs out and a little bent, and I set the wrapped up bunny in my lap, securing her between my thighs, gently. I hold her so her head is facing away from me, and her tail is close to my body.
From there, once she's wrapped up all snug, no feet extended, I can take one paw at a time out of the wrap, clip her nails, put that paw back in, and take out the next one. She let's me do this whole procedure in under 5 minutes.
Hope that helped!

[ame]http://youtu.be/OEFrHZbw6tQ[/ame]

this is an awesome video!

How To Clip Your Rabbits Nails without Force.

Try it!

Bunny Burito. Take a blanket and wrap up the bunny in it. Keep one paw sticking out. It also works well to have one person hold the bunny down, and the other trims.

Latest posts

Back