Nail bent at an abnormal angle?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eira

Reaction score
My Mint's toe nail seems bent at a seemingly painful position, I just noticed it today and I'm worried something's wrong! She seems fine- walking and hopping fine, and is not paying any heed to that nail.. what could have caused this?
Also, how can I treat her? There is a strict lockdown in my area, and going to the vet is not possible. Please help?!:(

For reference, she is an Albino bunny.
IMG_20200503_230554.jpg

That claw look over grown and need trimming. If you mean the tumb claw, it seem to have grown too much which have caused it to grow wrong.

Try to trim the claws a bit and do it often and little. Often long claws will have the quick grown longer in, so you can’t trim that much in one go. Instead you will need to do it often and shorten the claw.

Just trim her nails regularly I don't see any need for vets there.

That claw look over grown and need trimming. If you mean the tumb claw, it seem to have grown too much which have caused it to grow wrong.

Try to trim the claws a bit and do it often and little. Often long claws will have the quick grown longer in, so you can’t trim that much in one go. Instead you will need to do it often and shorten the claw.
Thank you so much. I was so worried thinking something's wrong.. the only problem is that my bun's nail trimmer fell apart about a month ago, and no stores are open to deliver non-essentials. I will have to wait until Amazon starts delivering. Is there a problem if I let her nail like that for a while?

Thank you so much. I was so worried thinking something's wrong.. the only problem is that my bun's nail trimmer fell apart about a month ago, and no stores are open to deliver non-essentials. I will have to wait until Amazon starts delivering. Is there a problem if I let her nail like that for a while?

It depends when you can get a new nail trimmer. Myself always have two nail trimmer but I use both.

Can’t you order nail trimmers from another place. I know the covid-19 make it a lot harder for many countries. So I don’t know how it goes. Myself don’t have any troubles orderings things from the shops in my country and you can also find nail trimmers in food stores here in sweden. So if you buy food, maybe you can find a trimmer. It might be faster to get one than waiting on amazon to start to deliver.

Because keep on letting the nail to be long can cause them to easily break. They can also grow even more wrong ☺️

You can order online from any online pet store they deliver no problem

My Mint's toe nail seems bent at a seemingly painful position, I just noticed it today and I'm worried something's wrong! She seems fine- walking and hopping fine, and is not paying any heed to that nail.. what could have caused this?
Also, how can I treat her? There is a strict lockdown in my area, and going to the vet is not possible. Please help?!:(

For reference, she is an Albino bunny.
View attachment 47317
I'd say its overgrown so needs to be clipped .

Amazon is delivering and so are various other places where you can get nailclippers.

im going to pray for you and your bunny's safety!

Latest posts

Back