Nadia and The Cookie Monster's Thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoneyPot

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, just wanted to introduce myself andCookie (my only bunny). I haven't posted on here before, butI love reading what everyone has to say.

I'm Nadia and I've only had Cookie since January of thisyear. My younger sister brought him home as a foster bun fora friend who needed to find him a new home (her cat kept attacking himin his cage). So we rescued him for a while and fell in lovewith him and decided to keep him.

We didn't know one thing about bunnies when we took him in (except thatwe wanted to get him away from the mad cat), but since then I'd like tothink we've become fairly good bunny parents and we love the littleCookie-pie to death.

Here's a couple pictures that I have of him

Posing
cookie4.jpg

"Argh, waking me up for photos again?! - I NEED my beauty sleep you know...."

cookie1.jpg

"Just can't get a minute of rest from the camera!"
cookie2.jpg

What a lucky guy to be rescued by you. How oldis he? He's a handsome. I especially love his eye poking out of histent. :inlove:

Edited 'cause now I know he's a boy. :D

Thank guys!

We (the vet and myself) *think* he's about a year and a half.When he came to us he was pretty much fully grown and the vet thoughtmaybe just over a year in January...

He's a little guy - only about 2 pounds.

:) Cookie isn't the most 'masculine' name ... but my mother startedcalling him that as we were trying to decide on a good name for him andthen he started responding to it - so he chose his name I guess.

Look at Mr. Lazybones!! What a Life Cookie leads!

Welcome aboard,HoneyPot!

-Carolyn

Welcome!! Cookie is absolutely BEEAAUUUTIFUL and looks very spoiled! What a lucky bunny he is to be rescued by you!

Welcome Nadia and Cookie!!

What an absolute doll Cookie is. He is so lucky you and yourfamily saved him. He sure is enjoying the high life. I just love thispicture.
cookie1.jpg

I can't wait to hear more about you and Cookie and more pictures. What a cutie.

Tina & Zoo Crew

I love his markings! And your story of how yourescued him. :) Not that he was being abused, but it must have beenstressful for him to be under constant attack from a cat.

He is beautiful and looks very healthy.

:D

When we first got him he was pretty shy - didn't like to be touchednear his face, shied away from too much attention. Then aftera couple weeks, it was like we had a whole different bunny.

He LOVES to be petted - asks complete strangers for petting all thetime. We pick him up and give him kisses- hedoesn't make a fuss - I think he's just accepted that we won't leavehim alone. Thankfully he doesn't*really* run whenwe try to pick him up and goes into his cage willingly atnight.

He likes to play bunny-tag. Comes over - gives nudges andthen runs away and repeats it until you start chasing him around saying"I'm gonna get you!!". He binky runs all over the place untilhe takes "Time-out" in his litter or the Tent. Then he startsup again. He tires me out most of the time. Thenhe'll come flop down next to me for lazy-bunny petting.

And now heLOVES it when we give him bunny massages (rubbinghis jaw muscles and shoulder muscles in small circles - they use thosemuscles a lot during the day!), and we can touch him from nose to tailwith no problems.

I still haven't figured out how to get him to let me flip him over tocheck out (and possibly clean) his scent glands. He doesn'ttrance quickly at all but it's a fight I'm determined to win!

What a handsome boy! hehe I love the spot on theside ofhis nose, its the same as my Freddys! and how cool isthat Tent you have for him. Where by chance did you get it?

Cookie definately could not look any more content in the photos you have posted!

FreddysMom wrote:
..and how cool is that Tent you have for him.Where by chance did you get it?
The tent is actually acat house/hideout fromPetsmart. I get tons of Cookie's things in the Cat section ofthe pet store.

HoneyPot wrote:
FreddysMom wrote:
..and how cool is that Tent you have for him.Where by chance did you get it?
The tent is actually acat house/hideout fromPetsmart. I get tons of Cookie's things in the Cat section ofthe pet store.
awesome! thanks! ...yea all their toys they haveI usually get from the cat or bird aisle. I would toeventually get one of those big cat tree play things that are coveredin the carpet.

The Great Escape (
and subsequent capture) Of The Cookie Monster

A warm breezy day calls for a summer BBQ. Dad is outsidecooking up a storm and bunny boy is sittingjustinsidethe door enjoying the breeze. He stands upand faces the wind - his little whiskers blowing. Dad opensthe door to bring in the food and FLASH bunny butt out thedoor. The chase ensues.

Bunny KNOWS he's faster than me, so why try really running.Hopping *just* out of reach is much more entertaining. Underparked cars, over other people's gardens and finally into the longstretch of backyard.

Cookie and Iface each other,I'm waiting for theright time to pounce and catch him off guard. Cookie stopsand nibbles some grass.I jump and makes a grab forthe bunny but nope, the little Cookie Monster hops a few stepssoI can't reach him. He keeps nibbling, but looksover his shoulder to make sureI'm not close enough.

Finally,I give up and just start running after the boy, butas we all know - he's faster so really, what hope is there.Kids from the neighboring park are running in cirlces yelling "LOOK ATTHE BUNNY", all the neighbours are out on the porches pointing andlaughing, and Cookie is LOVING the attention. No stress, justplay time.

He bolts across the (not enclosed) backyard, I'm chasing him, a couplebinkys and then it happens.... "Where did that water come from?!".SPRINKLERS!!Cookie-pie knows when he's being bad he getssquirted with water, and he had run right into thesprinklers.

As soon as he feels the water he freezes, looks over his shoulder atme, puts his head down on the ground and waits for me to come over andpick him up and scold him.

So in the end,I REALLY couldn't be mad because the littleMonster was just playing... and he knew when it was time tostop. Thank goodness for the water spritzing because it wouldhave taken a lot longer than 15 mins of chasing to catch him.And thank goodness there were no dogs or cars about.

*sigh*

:rofl:

Sounds like the Monster thought he was really cool out-running you.

:runningrabbit: :run:

You've met your match, My Friend!

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back