Myxo around Ballarat

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imarni

Reaction score
Hi, I don't know if anyone is from around Ballarat at all, but last week I had to have a rabbit euthanised as it was in the early stages of myyxomitosis, I was told by the Vet that every now and then they release Myxo in the bush to cull the wild rabbits.

Just wondering now I have isolated and the other 2 rabbits from each other and we are waiting to see if they have also contracted it, where you would find out who would be releasing it, would it be the Forestry people?

Imarni wrote:
Just wondering now I have isolated and the other 2 rabbits from each other and we are waiting to see if they have also contracted it, where you would find out who would be releasing it, would it be the Forestry people?

Yep it would probably be the forestry people... i did email them quite a long time ago and never got a reply back...so if you do email these people or whatever let us know if you get a reply back.

Hope your other bunnies will be ok.

There isanother member here..who pops in every now and again..she is also from Australia...and i think it was four bunnies that she had actually lost to myxi....very very sad.

Latest posts

Back