Mystery Death?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess5634

Reaction score
My female rabbit(miniof ayear and a few days old suddenly died a day after my family and ibrought her to my dads animal hospital to stay for a week while we wentaway. We were totally clueless as to why she may have died and the theonly reason we could come up with was maybe the car ride could havestressed her out. Does anyone have ideas what the reason wasfor her sudden death or suggestions how to prevent this in the future?Please email me. :(

So sorry that you lost your rabbit so suddenly :(

Stress can be a contributing factor leading to endotoxemia and suddendeath. This and/or heat are common causes of deathduring travel.

The death could have also been due to any number of other factorsincluding a pre-existing health condition that lead to heart failure orstroke.

Kidney failure is also a common cause of death in rabbits.

Did the vet hospital perform a necropsy? That would give some clues as to what happened.

Pam

By the way, thanx everyone who is replying i really appreciate it!!:D

That is a real bummer!

We sometimes forget that our critter family members can die from someof the same things that we humans do.....as pamnock pointed out.

I'm pretty sure that I've witnessed death by heart attack in rabbits more than once.

But any way you look at it, sudden death is a shock to us.The good part (?) of it is that your bunny didn't lay around andsuffer. Think you will get another bunny?

- Dolores

It is such a terrible shock when an animal diesso quickly without any warning. It seems Pam has given you some veryuseful information and help and there is nothing I feel I can add. Ihave simply posted to give my condolencesto youatthis hard time.

love and prayers

Vickie

Latest posts

Back