My wildlife hospital's fundraiser, WALK for Wildlife

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EileenH

Reaction score
Further to my thread in Rabbit Tales that focus on Gulliver, here are some more pictures of our fundraiser. We had all of our permanent animals out on the trail. It's a3 mile walk (not strenuous). It's not a walkathon or anything, jut a stroll through the park. Every 1/4 mile we had a different table. They were things like Migration table(a duck, American Oystercatcher, a hawk and an owl), Backyard Animals table (had a mourning dove, opossum, and a bunch of literature & pictures),Birds of Prey (owls, hawks, kestrel), a bat table, craft station for the kids, kids games, sticker station (like tattoos), a Chinese Auction. We raised about $8000 - a little short of our goal of $10K - it's a lot of work to do something like this and we got so lucky because Ike passed through the day before.
Well, here are some pics
:

normal_Chinese_Auction.jpg

Our Chinese Auction!

normal_Nancy.jpg

normal__MG_3380_copy.jpg

Our backyard habitat station

normal_Me.jpg

Me talking about stuff

normal_Sabrina.jpg

My turtle Sabrina, who was there to teach people not to release their pet turtles. She was hit by a car, and as she is not native to our area and sliders are putting the squeeze on our native turtle population, she was going to be put down. (There are thousands of sliders up for adoption - you can't find homes for them). But, I just fell in love with her and adopted her.

OK, group pictures:

normal_Turtle_Table_for_web.jpg

This is our turtle table, and this cutie...:
normal_Cute_Baby_DBAT.jpg

is everybody's favorite baby Diamondback terrapin! We just call him Baby DBAT.

-

Birds of Prey,anyone?:
normal__MG_3235_copy.jpg

This is one of our volunteers with our Red-tailed Hawk, Baby. It was a little warm that day so he was getting spritzed.
normal_Buster.jpg
Our American Kestrel, Buster being very handsome :)

normal_Saw-whet.jpg
Northern-saw Whet Owl, Stella

normal_Duncan.jpg
Duncan, our Eastern Screech Owl. Poor guy was going through a molt, that's why he look like he has bed-head.

normal__MG_3254_copy.jpg

The Bat table!

And here is our craft table. Introducing...

normal_Crafts.jpg

The girl on the rightis our very own PipWin - she is now working with me, as our hospital's Education Coordinator:biggrin2:

She got thrown in a whirlwind, beginning her new job 3 weeks before the event.

So there you are, our WALK for Wildlife 2008!

If you want to see any of the rabbit pictures, head back to Rabbit Online forum, there are more pics here but are more related to rabbits.
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=39544&forum_id=1

Is this too many pictures, mods?

Enjoy and thanks for looking!

That is so cool! Walk for Wildlife, great name and idea also!!! That is just so cool!! I am glad that you raised so much money, even if you didn't meet your goal you were still close.

What exactly does this go to? I just think its an amazing idea!!!!!!!!:biggrin2:

BSAR- the Walk for Wildlife is to benefit our wildlife rehabilitation hospital and education center on Long Island. The money raised will help us tocontinue to provide care for sick and injured native wildlife on Long Island, with the hope of their eventual return to the wild.

love the pictures eileen, even though I have seen them a thousand times already!

Buster is so handsome as usual, and I love the picture of Baby Dbat looking like the cutest obese turtle in the world! And of course thanks for the inclusion of my overseeing of the production of reusable grocery bag masterpieces... I have to say of all the jobs i could have been thrown into at short notice, i think i lucked out with being with you all! :)

Latest posts

Back