My vet is awesome!!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slavetoabunny

Reaction score
I called my vets office today and left a message for their office manager to call me back about setting up a discount spay program for the rabbits at my shelter (my shelter neuters the boys, but the females are adopted out unspayed). Not even 30 minutes later, the vet called me back personally. She offered to spay shelter bunnies for $45, which includes pain medication! Her usual fee is around $100.

I am so excited about this. I love my vet!!!!!!

:)That is great, I called a vet in my area and he wanted $350.00 yes you are seeing the amount right. I couldnt believe it. I didnt realize it was that expensive. I called to get information for my clients when the purchase a bunny from me. As you may know I am a breeder in New Jersey.

Wow, and I thought the place I went to was a good price!

I got my bunnies neutered for $104, so I'm guessing they would have charged around $130 or so for a spay. And that place was in the middle of nowhere...out towards the Blue Ridge Mountains :)

That's AWESOME! It costs $100 for boys at my vet's office. It was an additional $45 for the bloodwork to make sure they could handle the anesthesia - which of course I had done!

Girls - I have no clue how much they are!

My target discount rate was $75, so I was floored when she said $45. I'm glad Dr. Emerson couldn't see me binkying around my office as I cooly replied "thank you, that's extremely reasonable".

Zootooer's: review Ravenwood Veternary Clinic in Port Orange, Florida (yes, I mis-spelled it, duh).

Back