My Trip to Europe

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elf Mommy

Reaction score
This year I had the opportunity to travel as a Teacher Leader with a group of Student Ambassadors to England and France. It took up a LOT of my time throughout the school year to prepare them. It was very much worth the time. Here is the website I created as we were preparing them. I have ALMOST all of my photos loaded now on the flickr account in the menu bar on the left. :) What a great experience it all was. I will be continuing to add to this webpage in different ways over the next few months. :) Thanks for going to look at it!

http://hometown.aol.com/mrsbachelor/P2PJaxMain.html

for the photobucket account the password is

yourkids

for the flickr account, you can just click on the photos that are rotating about in the menu :)

I had lots of fun taking photos of the kids and what we were seeing!

Heh! I was going to ask for the password, but thought that might be rather forward of me. Then I discovered the Flickr trick, anyway.:)

Haven't gotten through all 70, yet, but so far, they're wonderful. :) (Right off the bat, the sleepy kids was a hoot). ;)

Did they have to be picked to go or was it just any of the kids whose parents signed them up for it?

Thanks for sharing!

sas

Teachers recommend students.

The student has to get written recommendations from 2 current teachers and another nonrelated adult.

They go through 2 interviews.

Once accepted, they have to pay for the trip (this can be done through fundraisers, but they are on their own to do those, the program doesn't do them for them). The trip we went on cost over $5,000. It included plane fare, all transportation, all lodging, all events and tours, and all meals.

They each had to do a service project. I'm still working on a webpage for that. We created gift bags for children in the hospitalwho have been diagnosed with Leukemia.

They each worked with a partner on a brochure addressing a cultural aspect about one of the countries we visited and presented it to the entire group (with copies of the brochure to pass out) at our monthly meetings.

They attended a meeting once a month to learn about how to be a Student Ambassador and represent America in a positive way. We taught them about traveling in foreign countries. I highlighted one of the things that we would see each month.

They kept journals about their learning throughout the school year, and then during the trip they were required to keep travel journals. They had journal checks throughout our stay, and we will be checking them one last time at our reunion party on the 15th. These journals are part of what the students have to submit to earn a high school credit.

We had a social gathering halfway through the year to let them "hang out" with each other a little bit. They had different roommates at each of the hotels we stayed at so they would learn more about each other.

It was a LOT of hard work. At least 2 Saturdays out of my month were meeting with the kids or with the leaders. I had to take online courses to be certified to travel with them. I had to get certified in CPR and First Aid. And, I personally had to work on my physical fitness to be able to participate in the tour without being too exhausted.

It was worth it! :D

Latest posts

Back