My Stitch is Confused

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loppy Earred Mom

Reaction score
My Stitch is so confused I think. I puta litter box in her cage and she sleeps in it and poops and pees in hercage I try to put the poopy stuffs in the litterbox so she gets thehint and she just kicks it all out.

Is there anyway to fix this?

And her litter box outside of her cage she also lays in and poopsbeside it since she poops beside the one in her cage I think she thinksits the thing to do.

Try giving her a second box.Maybe a little corner one and put pieces of paper that have her urineon it and her poos. She might just want the first litter boxto cuddle in.

Or you can try to put a little hay in the box too, rabbits seem to liketo eat and poo at the same time hehe. Rather like my fiance:shock:

I was thinking in looking at the pics that u guyspost with ur bunnies I noticed that you guys have no bedding on thebottom of ur cages other then carpet or something of thatnature.

Would it help in my litter training to not put bedding and findsomething else to put on the bottom of her cage and leave litter stuffin her box and she wont be confused as to where to put her poopy?

Or does this not matter? Why does it seem so much easier to litter train a kitty *giggles*

She doesn't sleep on the bedding she digs to the bottom of the cage andlays on the bare floor of the cage so it just got me thinking aboutthat and she doesn't poopy in that spot where she lays

It really depends on the type of cage youhave. The cage I built for my buns needed a carpetting ortheir little feet would go right through. When I first gotGuin though she was in a pan cage, where there was open wire anddroppings would go to the pan underneath. I trained her inthat cage.

It might be better to put litter in one box, and bedding material inanother and see where the bun prefers to go potty. I had toput a litter box in a specific place in my room since Guinevere insistson going pee there, with or without a box. Just like a cat,when a bun wants to go somewhere, he or she will!

Latest posts

Back