My silly bunny stories

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystic

Reaction score
Hey guys, just thought I would update you all on how the buns are doing.
for those of you who don't know, My friend and I just got some sweet little baby dwarf mix's. Their names are Asher and Vash, and I believe both of them to be males. we have only had them for about 3 weeks now, but they are definitely developing great personalities XD
The little guy named Vash isn't growing as much as my male Asher but his personality sure is! his nick name is Vash the stampede (if there are any trygun fans here they will know the reference lol ) He loves to explore and climb things, the funny thing is, I didn't know rabbits climbed! I figured they just would jump over stuff or what not, but he climbs up vertical fences like a dog lol
as for my boy Asher, he is such a little sweetie, he seems to be growing a bit but the main part that seems to be developing are his ears. they were about the same size as Vash's but are now becoming fuller looking.
Right now both buns are in a large bin cage in my bedroom, I noticed after a short while that they needed to be some where that I am a lot of the time to get used to me. (I am renting a room in my friends basement so I spend all my time in there lol) the cage they are in isn't the largest but has enough space for a litter box, food, water, toys, and a good place for them to sprawl in if they want. the cage is made from a large plastic storage tote, and so it doesn't have any doors, just a lid.
Well the other day when I was going to clean the cage and feed them, Vash decided He wanted out right then and there and climbed right up the side and hopped out, then the next day he got out again except this time he just jumped right out lol now every time I take the lid off he hops right out and has taught Asher to do the same lol these guys are such little stinkers.
I have been giving them a water bottle full of fresh spring water and then a little dish full of the same, along with their little bowl of pellets and fresh hay. they drink the bowl of water with in a hour or two, I cant believe how much they drink. they certanly love the bowl more then their water bottle.
they are getting the potty training down pretty well, though they seem to pee on their blanket some times. Asher is bonding with me a lot more then Vash but I think that's because he knows I don't see him as my rabbit, even though I don't treat him any less. Asher lets me touch him all over now, and Vash has finally started to let me pet him haha. They both are beginning to come to me when I call them because I have been traning them with thier rabbit pellets when its feeding time. (in the morning when I go to give them more food and water in their dish's I take them out and while they play, I call them and when they come I give them pellets. they have pellets in the cage too but by morning they run out so its a great time for training) anyway they love doing bunny 500s and binkies all up and down the hallway. My little Pomeranian Chessabell loves it when they start running around and she begins to do a little wiggle dance and some times runs after them while they run, they don't seem to mind, some times they get a little scared if she runs up to fast but for the most part they enjoy her and just keep doing what they are doing.
for those of you who are afraid for the bunnies, Chessa is about 7lbs and has been raised around rats, mice, ferrets, and cats and is very gentle or afraid depending on the animal lol so don't worry if the bunny did anything remotely scary, such as touching her lol she would run and hide and probably never play with them again, ( this happened with my pet rats who didn't do anything but walk up to her and touch her face) but for now its cute to see her try and play bunny 500's with them XD

Are there any games for enrichment I could do with the rabbits to help keep them happy and stimulated? like with rats there is fishing for frozen veggies and fruits in a shallow water pan. I know buns shouldn't be around water but things like that. I have toys for them but they don't seem to care for them. any ideas would be greatly appreciated ^_^

You can get treat balls which are designed for cat/dogs that have an adjustable opening depending on treat size like this one here: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzAwWDcwMA==/z/4~YAAMXQhuVRL~0v/$(KGrHqNHJF!FEl0sGhzeBRL+0vFfoQ~~60_35.JPG mine is exactly the same, just green and with little pictures of apples on it. I put some of Bandit's daily pellet rations in the treat ball and he spends quite a lot of time pushing it around to get them out. He loves it. He has plastic keys which he plays with on occasion, the cardboard tube from toilet rolls which he pushes around and chews and a wire hay ball which he loves tossing. You could try stuffing hay into the toilet paper tube to encourage them to play with it too. :)

Here's a vid of Bandit playing with his treat ball. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zcZKK5xp_g[/ame]

Last edited:
Fantastic names. I have a rat named Ashley, who used to be Asher, and his sister is Vashti. I don't get the reference though, not into manga. :p

Anyway. Toys. A digging box! Rabbits like digging. Not dirt though, you can't guarantee it's clean. Litter, material scraps, scrunched up newspaper balls, anything goes! Things to throw around. Things to destroy. Don't just have things on the ground, hang them from the wall or something, so they have to work. Veggies hung from the wall, so they have to work to get those. Put things where a rabbit wouldn't think they AREN'T supposed to have them, and then they will work to get them!

Latest posts

Back