my rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Really cool page! Loved the "think twice about a pet bunny"page. It makes me mad when people "get tired" of bunnies. Grrrr!

I once got a baby doe, about 8-9 wks. She wasn't "cute" anymore, theownerdecided.It was an "Easter bunny", and theowner got tired of taking care of her. She was skinny, gangly (all earsand feet), clumsy, filthy, fed on grass and veggies only, kept in atiny cage,and so desperate she tried to tear her cage apartwhen I walked by.

She was very insecure, must have been weaned young. The first week shespent wrapped in my jacket, going all over with me. She liked to sleepa lot.

She never got over the fear of starving, and continued to tear the cageapart every morning at feeding time. Grew to about 9 lbs, a large,long-bodied,sandy-colored mixed breed with long thick blackeyelashes. She lived for 9 years (always a little unhinged emotionally)but very loveable and beautiful.

I wish she was still around--I've never been sorry for rescuing her.

Rose

This picture is too cute!

monkey.jpg

Warmest Welcome Miyabita, :)

Your babies are gorgeous and your website is Fabulous. Very interesting reading.

What beautiful bunnies with personalities that are so lovable. Theirnames are so sophisticated, and then there's Monkey. Can't wait to tellmy niece and nephew about a rabbit named Monkey. *laughs* That's great!

Glad you found us.

:)

-Carolyn

LOL. Yes, Monkey's real name is "Kokezaru," butthat is Japanese for "monkey." LOL. Taikai and Sotoumi both mean"ocean" in Japanese. Since they are mother and daughter, I used twodifferent words for the same meaning. Taikai's other daughter was namedKisui (brackish water), so it was following the watery theme.

Thank you for the compliments on my site. :) It has been about 41/2years that I have been working on it. I love rabbits and Ilove making websites, so it was obvious for me to make a nice rabbitwebsite. :)

Lissa, the story behind that is funny, too. We were trying to get himto pose for a posed picture but he kept standing up. We thought it wasso cute we decided to get a picture of him standing up. However, assoon as we tried for that, he started sitting down again! LOL. Finallywe got him to stand up long enough to snap the picture.

Aww Otter looks just like our wee Henrypie! They're gorgeous bunnies!! You must be a proudmummy!! Can I have them?!! :p:D *runs off withbunnies*

Thanks for the background of their names, Miyabita. I actually was curious as to their meanings.

Could you please sound out their names for me? I want to be sure I'm saying it correctly.

I never know what I'm going to learn in this forum.

-Carolyn

Delphinium: MINE! Gimme back my bunnies! *Takes them back and cuddles them protectively*

Carolyn:

Kokezaru - Co (like co-worker) keh zah ruu

Taikai: Tah ee kah ee (when said at normal speed sounds similar to - tie as in the word kye - rhymes with lie)

Sotoumi - Soh toh oh uu mee

Glad you got your babies back from Delphinum. *laughs*

Thanks for helping me with those beautiful names, Miyabita.

:)

-Carolyn

I love the Japanese language, in case you cannottell from my username, my rabbit website name, and my rabbits' names.LOL. It is such a beautiful language, and so much softer than theEnglish language. Like the letter "f" (in romanji, the form of writingthat uses English lettering) sounds more like a very soft "f" mixedwith an "h". And "r" and "l" sort of blend together with each other sothat neither letter sounds like one or the other.

"Elegant". It is the name of my website design company, plus I just like the sound of it. "Mee-yah-bee-tah"

Back