MY RABBIT SCREAMED!!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovetegocalderon

Reaction score
Oh my god, Bullet, the baby rabbit of Marshy,was running around on the floor while i was cleaning out the cage(marshy was still in teh cage not wanting to come out (she's ananti-human social rabbit) - well i had Beans on my bed aswell. I know Beans can jump on my bed if she wants but Bulletis so small i didnt think he could/would. Well hedid! Next thing i know, Beans attacked him and hescreamed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!! I pulled them apartfast as lightening, only a little fur was pulled out of him, but icannot believe he screamed like that, it was so loud andterrifying! I felt so horrible that i setmy bed up with a ton of layers of blankets and him and his mom areplaying happily on it right now. (he isnt littertrained yet) ....i feel horrible. is there anything i shoulddo? he is doing binkies now but i am horrified over thatsound. will he be okay? i checked him over andthere is no wounds or anything, but that scream was absolutelyterrifying!!!!!!!!!!!

:bigtears:

One more thing - the mom, Marshy, is the mostpeaceable rabbit you can find - (ex. when i tried to bond her withRice, Rice would attack and she would just run away and then try togroom her shortly thereafter) - i mean this rabbit really needs to feellike her life is in danger for her to attack you, she lets me clip hernails, wash her butt, etc. with such extreme calmness and trust itsunbelievable coming from rabbit - well, she has been charging me sinceshe's been on the bed with Bullet! what do i do??Bullet seems fine, he runs to me for pets and is playing, but Marshy isacting like I am a killer!

Hi ILTC!

Everybunnie will be fine....just give Marshy some time to recoup.Bullet was probably not hurt, rather scared. The scream is a defenseand it did just what it was supposed to do.....scare the heck out ofthe attacker and get everybody's attention. Marshy is reacting as sheshould....being overly protective of her baby.
Things should go back to normal in a day or two. Extra love and lots of treats will help it along.

I sent you a PM:mail2:

~jim

Back