my rabbit lost his best friend

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it depends on what you want to do (as you know, rabbits are a long term commitment, hopefully). It also depends on your rabbit. I lost one rabbit last year and his bonded female took it really hard. She couldn't stay in place anymore, never settling down and running around all day whereas she was a very calm rabbit before. When I was working on my computer, she could jump on my knees twenty times in a row. She was also really stressed by everything, just taking her to the vet down the street and she looked ten times more terrified than before - I had to hold her against my chest while the vet looked at her because she was completely panicking when he tried to hold her. That vet is very good at handling animals and there never was a problem before.
It was really heartbreaking to watch and she was so tense all the time that I was scared she was going to have a heart-attack or something so I took another rabbit. At first they didn't get on all that well, but my rabbit stopped doing weird things immediatly after he arrived. I guess he distracted her from her grief even if he seemed to get on her last nerve. Now, they have been together for 11 months and I saw them cuddling on their cushion just yesterday. So I guess it was what she needed. No idea what I'll do when one of my rabbits die next time, though. Hopefully, I won't have to decide anything before a very long time...

Latest posts

Back