My rabbit is really violent

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior

Reaction score
ihad a great relationshipwith the rabbiti had, but unfortunately he ran away and thereis no sign of him whatsoever:(. i was really heartbroken and decidedthatill be more careful with this one. however, it seems alittle different this time. he runs away and stomps when i try to pethim and doesnt even want my hand in his cage instead, he fights it off:Xlike when im trying to give him food. it has been about 24hours since i met him for the first time.i was wondering ifim the one thats paranoid or he is:?. i guess im worriedmostly because the one before was nothing like that pleasereply-

he runs away and stomps when i try topet him and doesnt even want my hand in his cage instead, he fights itoff :Xlike when im trying to give him food. it has been about24 hours since i met him for the first time.

Hello Junior,

I believe it is quite possible that you may be expecting toomuch too soon from your rabbit. Every rabbit has it's own personalityquirks [Just like people]. Perhaps if you first give him a chance toacclaimate to his new surroundings he will become more easilyaccessable. Rabbits tend to be quite nervous and shy until they arecomfortable with their owner and new home. This comes from being[excuse me if I'm out of line] on just about the lowest rung of thefood-chain. So long as your rabbit is not continually aggressive, [tothe point of biting and drawing blood] I would just be gentle and speakin a low voice when you go to take him out. Do it firmly but gently.Once you show your rabbit that you are in control but will not harm himhe will come around. This could take awhile as I said, every rabbit isjust abit different.

Best of luck, persistance will pay off.

Dennis,C.V.R.

Just right, i lost Starsky and it was hard to seeHuggy not acting like her, but given time and a little patience, itwill pay off, Now Huggy has learned to find his way back to the vage.He sometimes comes out when i call him, and has started to realise whenbed time is sohe flops down under Hutches cage. Usually wheni stroke him he runs out, but when its bed time he won't budge,

And i haven't even had him 1 week!

Hi Junior, welcome. I think Dennis is right - 24hours isn't a long time for a rabbit to adjust to new surroundings andnew people. Just let your rabbit know that your his friend and nothreat to him and try and let him come to you. I found with one of myrabbits, Perry, that if I tended to ignore him when he was out, hewould get curious and come over and sniff me - patience is the key,unfortunately, as we all know how cuddley our bunnies are. Good luck -Jan

How old is he? Males can go through a reallyaggressive phase during puberty and the major growth period. It passes,usually. An attacking female canbe more likely to staythat way. Also, what is his history? Was he abused or neglected beforeyou got him?

I had a wonderful relationship with my boy Bunbun, but he did gothrough an attack phase when he was younger. And I have a female thatstill hides orattacks anything that moves, after 12 yrs.

If this bunny is indoors, let him run around outside the cage. Lay onthe floor without moving, and don't touch him--just talk. The higherpitch your voice is, the better.

This gives a shy bunny a chance to explore you on his own terms. Whenyou come into his space, he may feel threatened especially if hedoesn't know you.

Try letting him come to you! Good luck....

Rose

Latest posts

Back