My rabbit has un-toilet trained himself.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on where you get it done. Spay / Neuterclinics may be cheaper than a vet. We payed around 250-300 for Amber'sspay (including post-op meds).

WOW! Getting the buns neutered are expensive!!

My bun is about 1 year old - is that too late for her to get spayed?

Mika went through the same thing - one day she just decided to rampageall over the house and pee and poo EVERYWHERE :disgust:- itlasted about 1 week and it gradually went back to normal.

Someone told me that it was the hormones thing as well - they said,"think back to when you were a teen....you didn't want to followrules....your bunny is a teen now too" :foreheadsmack:

I sure hope her 'teenage' years are over! :pray:

Mika wrote:
My bun is about 1 year old - is that too late for her to get spayed?

No. Fey and Sprite were spayed last October.They were about a year and a half old at the time and they did justfine. I do recommend having her blood tested for kidney andliver problems, just in case.

Mika went through the same thing - one day she just decided to rampageall over the house and pee and poo EVERYWHERE :disgust:- itlasted about 1 week and it gradually went back to normal.

You are so lucky! Mocha hit puberty just a few weeks afterI got her, and the marking/rampage lasted until she wasspayed. Not to mention she got upset when she was chastisedabout it, and would go mark our dirty clothes or the towels!She's in a poop/pee war now with Fey and I doubt it's possible to stopit. Sigh.

It cost me $56 to getmy bun neutered,but they raised it $10 right after . A spay is going to cost you around$100. You can probably find like spays/neuteres that runthrough animal shelters and charge a lot less.

No, 1 year old is not too old. When we tookAmber home from the shelter she was 2 years old and had already hadthree litters in her previous home. We had her spayed in the end ofJuly, and she was fine.

Will it make a difference if I spay hernow? Because I thought that once the hormones are already inthe body, they are pretty set for life? (or is that just fordogs?):ponder:

Even though Amber was spayed later in life, itmade a HUGE difference. Most of her behavioral issues (including someminor agressiveness) have completely dissapeared. It did take time,though. About a month or so.

Back