My Rabbit Has Changed Colors!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else have any crazy molting buns? My lionhead barely changes when she molts so this is new to me!!!

lol, I think you're craaAzy! Looks like the same colour to me, perhaps it's just hard to capture on camera. He sure is gorgeous though!

lol, I think you're craaAzy! Looks like the same colour to me, perhaps it's just hard to capture on camera. He sure is gorgeous though!

Are you nuts? :biggrin2: can't you see how much darker his back is? And even his face is darker. Look at the line above his back leg. That shows where the color is now different.

In the second picture, he looks so much more velvety and he is darker on his back. He is such a gorgeous little chap and I am just in luuuurrrve with him hahaha. Pity I live so far away or there could be some bunny napping here :biggrin2:

Oooh yes my Harvey is my color changing rabbit :) Of course he is a Himi marked so depending on the weather his points can range from dark black gray to white. It's mostly noticeable on his ears, they go thru the biggest changes. His nose spot will either be bigger or smaller haha.

It's rather startling when you aren't there to witness it. When I went to Hawaii last summer, he was a dark gray before I left. We got a heat wave while I was gone and I came home to a molting light silver rabbit haha.

He's so cute!! Mookie changes colour too! I have had her for about 6 months and in that time she had moulted about 3 times and changed colour every time... The funniest is when she is in the middle of moulting and is all patchy haha

In the first picture he has a thicker coat than the second one so maybe that's why it looks like he has changed colour? My bunny Alice gets more gingery fur on her sometimes then more grey but there's not much change. Bella's broken spot pattern has changed a lot since getting her as a baby because her spots have got larger but her colour hasn't changed :)

It doesn't really feel or look thicker in real life. I think it's the new coat that grew in after his other molted is a bit darker.
It really is cool seeing his fur. I just love his coloring. I've never seen another mini Rex this color.

Emily I have heard that himis change quite a bit.

I'd love to see pics anyone!

I thought maybe it was just the lighting angle but I think you're right. Well, you know your own rabbit so duuh :p
I swear when Phoenix molts I see different tinges of lilac in the fawn.... Maybe thats just her undercoat though, I'm so colour blind :p

I thought maybe it was just the lighting angle but I think you're right. Well, you know your own rabbit so duuh :p
I swear when Phoenix molts I see different tinges of lilac in the fawn.... Maybe thats just her undercoat though, I'm so colour blind :p

Well in your color blindness defense, hAhahah :), my camera DOES suck and he is hard to photograph. Every time i take his picture and then look at it I'm like "nooo, that's not what he looks like!" lol. So it is hard to see his true color in photos.

My opal mini-Rex, Scone MacBunny, had his fur darken with each molt as he got older.

This is Scone, not long after he came to live with us:
scone0053.jpg

This is Scone, late in his life:
7648_141432_160000003.jpg

Last edited:
My Female dwarf doesn't change colors because shes's white, but she does end up looking like a fuzzy mess. She hates me to brush her so i try to get her a couple times a day with a quick brush.

Spike changes colour/patterns everytime he sheds! He is striped sometimes, kinda leaopardy other, sometimes more gray than brown and others more brown than gray. Sometimes he even gets dark eyebrows or a zorro-type mask showing up around his eyes. We joke that everytime he does through a major shed, we end up with a new bunny! :)

Mike...omg he did get darker! I bet that's similar to how Archie will progress :) love the opal color too, btw. Like smoked pearl it's a color not often seen.

Spikethebunny....yes it is like a new bunny! Sounds like yours goes through quite the change!

This is Bella at 7 weeks old. (Front view)
http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/540584_3951602186697_1474763989_n.jpg

This is her again about a month ago, 9 months old. (Front view)
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/531021_366687213424220_1474735944_n.jpg

This is Bella as 7 weeks. (Side view)
http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/389226_293942864031989_1981938506_n.jpg

Bella today, 10 months old. (Side view.. well kinda :))
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/200719_404742122952062_403045961_n.jpg

See how her broken spots have gotten a darker colour and much larger :)

Latest posts

Back