My rabbit gang

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowan

Reaction score
Just thought I'dwrite an update on mylittle bunnies, I've been so busy recently that all I've had time forhere is reading everyone else's posts. Still haven't got any photosofmy herdbut I'm hoping to be able to put some upnext week.

I didn't wait till eleven weeks to separate them, Tarragon startedmounting Selkie at just under ten weeks, I don't know if he was 'justpractising' but as soon as my daughter told me I was in there puttingin the cage divider so fast my feet hardly touched the ground.:shock:Just hope I wasn't too late! I'll know by the end ofthe month but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she was too young andshe's not.

They were all really depressed about being separated, and even thoughthey were still in familiar surroundings they went right off their foodfor 24 hours, but they got used to it. Three days later Tarragonstarted attacking Bunberry at eleven o'clock at night so I had to do anemergency cage as I'd been caught without one ready. Honestly twominutes before they'd been curled up together grooming each other.Oddly Tarragon was the one who desperately missed Bunberry's companyand he got so miserable I tried them together again. He was ecstaticand they did lots of grooming and cuddles only to have the same thinghappen again a few hours later, so now they're permanently apart. Ifigure if I try the boystogether again at all it'll whenthey're well past a year old.

Meanwhile I was very bad and got another young rabbit that had beenstuck in a pet shop for over a month. I kept going in there for hay andbits and I couldn't help noticing that while all the other animals camein and were sold she just stayed. I really fell for her the first timeI saw her but I kept from looking at her too closely or asking abouther until the day when I just casually asked if she was male or femaleand why she hadn't been sold. The petshop woman didn't understand it,she said she was just about the sweetest most laid back rabbit she'dcome across but everyone passed her over. Well I didn't give in then,but next time I asked if I could just have a look at her, and when Iheld her all soft and happy in my arms, unlike my other littlewrigglers, I was doubly smitten. Still didn't take her though. Idecided I'd just see if she was there after the weekend, because Iwascertain someone must surely see what a perfect rabbit shewas. Of course no-one did and there she lay while rabbits that had onlyjust come in were gone again. So I took her.

Now I have five rabbits in four different cage set ups, and I adorethem all, though Tarragon the bad has a special place in my heart asI'm the only person he doesn't bite at the moment :). My daughter and Ispend hours each day cleaning their cages and lying around with them.They've stopped chewing the furniture thanks to Carolyn's tipaboutchilli sauce, but they still like to rip wallpaper:X.Seems walls with chilli sauce on are a delicacy :(

Flopsy, as we've called our newest bunny, is about a week older thanthe rest of them and is some kind of lop. If she was a cat I'd say shewas a blue tortie. One ear sticks straight up and the other is downmost of the time but just last night it went up for most of theevening. She's certainly not a dwarf as she's much bigger than mycrossbreeds, who have some lop in them. She is asweetheartwho only chews her applelog:pand is very loving and friendly :)

Could write pages more but this was supposed to be just a quick catch up post!

Back