My rabbit doesn't have any discipline?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine don't even blink if I clap (or thump) at them and say "HEY!" or "NO!" - you're a lucky bunny mommy if that worked for you :p

MiniLopHop wrote:
I have a pair of gerbils in the bunny room and there isn't an issue. When I clean their house I put them in a ball on the floor and the buns will sniff them but no one gets scared.

I'm guessing since they are all vegetarians it works *shrugs*

Actually gerbils aren't strictly vegetarians. Gerbils often ate small bugs in the wild and some owners feed their gerbils crickets ( i dont do that though)

PipkinbunRibb wrote:
MiniLopHop wrote:
I have a pair of gerbils in the bunny room and there isn't an issue. When I clean their house I put them in a ball on the floor and the buns will sniff them but no one gets scared.

I'm guessing since they are all vegetarians it works *shrugs*

Actually gerbils aren't strictly vegetarians. Gerbils often ate small bugs in the wild and some owners feed their gerbils crickets ( i dont do that though)

Really? Wow, I had no idea. My boys are 5 though so I'm not changing their diets now. :eats:

They do love their daily produce though. The buns don't mind sharing since it is just a wee bit. :carrot

They are all quite common issues because what you are trying to 'fix' is just natural bunny behaviour that's 'wrong' because it's destroying your home whereas it would be perfectly fine in a field. You need to provide the opportunities for engaging in the behaviour without causing destruction.

I've a couple of articles on cage chewing/carpet digging here: http://www.therabbithouse.com/behaviour/rabbit-behaviour-problems.asp

Imbrium wrote:
mine don't even blink if I clap (or thump) at them and say "HEY!" or "NO!" - you're a lucky bunny mommy if that worked for you :p
Yes I do consider myself quite lucky! They both respond quite well to sharp commands. It's been a while since I've had to say anything to either of them, though. They've been good buns. I think the living room full of cardboard castles helps a lot, they always have a lot to keep them busy, especially when I rearrange them. And they are quite chill now that they're free in the apartment all day. Being cooped up for a while makes them super destructive when they're finally let out.

I have found that as well. Even though they just lounge around when I let them out and their enclosures are big enough for them to run, if they don't get let out a day they are much more destructive the next day. It's almost like they panic that their chin marks aren't fresh enough or the other buns got more out time so they are going to REALLY mark (aka, poop war).

Rabbits are so complex emotionally.

Latest posts

Back