My rabbit does NOT like soft things.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReemSnow

Reaction score
Hello
I have a female rabbit, her name is snowy. Im not sure of her age but i think shes around 4-5 months old or less. Anyway, our entire house has ceramic flooring, which I understand isnt rabbit friendly. Thats why ive been using fleece lining for her space and soft fluffy beds which she doesnt seem to like. She always chooses to sleep and play on the ceramic floor, and when its time for her to sleep, she digs through her stuff until she removes the lining and the bed to sleep on the ceramic. Ive never seen her use any of the soft stuff i got her which i find really weird bc i know rabbits like soft stuff.
Im not sure if this is a personality trait or something all rabbits prefer, but im really afraid shes gonna get sore hocks if it continues this way. Any help?

That is weird, but it could be that she likes the ceramic because it is cold. I would just check her paws every other day to make sure that she doesn't get sore hocks. What breed is she? If she has really well-padded feet she should be fine and not get sore hocks.

E7AD5CDE-394D-48C0-80C4-5F798E0F47FB.jpeg 5E5D6216-99FB-44F5-83BF-261005BC02E1.jpeg shes a mix of some sort, i couldnt figure out the breeds. but here she is...
yeah i was thinking the same thing too, but sometimes the weather gets really cold and she’d still do the same thing.

She is really cute! I can't tell what breed she is, but her feet look really well padded so I don't think you should worry about sore hocks. Does she like stuffed animals? If she likes stuffed animals it could just be that she likes soft stuff just not the blankets, towels, etc. that she has.

It's not unusual for some rabbits to prefer to lay down on smooth floors. It's often because they are warm and like the coolness of the hard floor, but that's not always the reason. Sometimes it's just individual preference. Every rabbit is different.

Neither of my two rabbits like soft surfaces to lay on. They move or dig out of the way any soft sort of bed thing I've ever gotten them and just want to sit/lay on the hard floor.

I don't know why they're this way, but your rabbit doesn't seem weird at all to me :)

Lovely rabbit!

One of my bunnies cannot tolerate anything not flat in front of him or soft underneath him

A towel or a ripple in a douvey cover on the bed or a mound of dirt that's in his way in his outside play area

He will rake and push at it until it's flat in his stretched body area

It seems he has no concept of comfort in terms of surface softness but insists instead that flatness is the highest priority

I think it might have something to do with coolness or the perception of coolness in his brain as to why he prefers flat as possible surfaces

None of my other bunnies (who have since departed this world) cared for making things flat, not to the same extent at least

Perhaps it's just a difference thing in their brain that they perceive because even on a flat surface, if we place a towel completely flat in front of him he will still rake at it in frustration as though it's a foreign object that must be removed

He's pretty much done this since little and he's over 8 years old now and his eye sight is not good and he's a grumpy old fella at times and prefers to spend his days laying in the sun as much as possible but will still expend all his energy on raking a soft surface or towel etc if ever one is put in his closet proximity

They are funny creatures and each one is very unique in their personality

Back