my pregnant rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

majoty

Reaction score
Hi. I am new here. I have an americanfuzzy lop bunny who is pregnant. She was dueyesterday. (31 days) I am a little bit scared thatshe hasn't had her babies yet. can anyone tell me if itsokay? What should I look for? Is there anything I can do?

any advice or information would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Majoty,

Gestation can go up to Day 34. I wouldn't worry too muchyet. If she hasn't had the kits by Day 35, I'd be concernedthen.

Has she started to make a nest? Some does will stop eating orslow down eating considerably on the day they have thebabies.

Just keep her comfortable, give plenty of water and food, and keep aneye out so that if the babies are born on the wire of the cage, youmove them to the nestbox immediately. Keep us posted as to when thebabies arrive.

-Carolyn

WThank you for your input! Mydaughter and I haven't stop watching her! We have beensleeping on the couch the past two nights as to not miss thebirth;) We are just too excited I guess. Thanks somuch!!! I will keep you posted!

That is too cool,Majoty!

How great it is that you and your daughter have this experience toshare. Be sure to provide her with a nestbox, as I bet youalready have. If she is putting the hay you give her on thefloor rather than the nestbox, she may be planning on having the babieson the floor. You could move the nestbox over to the areashe's placing the hay if that be the case. Just have to makesure the babies make it into the nestbox when they're born because themother won't move them and she won't feed them if they're not in thebox.

Don't give many treats at this time, and keep her on the same feed she's been on.

When she starts pulling hay from her abdomen and shoulder, you'll knowshe's getting close. Some rabbits do this the day or twobefore pregnancy, some do it a week before.

She may get a little cranky. Bear with her.

-Carolyn

She had a baby! only onethough. It's alive! It has been about an hour sinceit was born. Could there be any more? What should Ido??? I know that with only one kit...it may notlive. any advice???? Thanks a lot!!!!!

Hi Majoty,

She may have more! Keep us posted.

Are you sure you searched deep in the nest? Many people missthe others. We had one poster that thought her rabbit had 4babies and upon further inspection, she discovered 2 more.Give her time. That one kit has just as good of a chance ofliving as any other!

Congratulations!!

-Carolyn

One lonely little bunny! But the momseems to be taking care of it! She has pulled out morefur. The baby actually is starting to get fur!

Thanks for all your advice!!!

You could give the baby a name thatisforit's coloring/markings or is personality (kind of youngyet for that!).

My rabbit CupCake was named because she was in a cage with a rabbitnamed Muffin. Muffin and CupCake! BlueBelle is a Blue Tort and "BlueBeauty" didn't sound right. So I took the French wordforbeauty and made her name BlueBelle. :D

Have fun making up a name!

Lissa, BlueBelle, and CupCake

Latest posts

Back