My poor wee Poppet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosieleon

Reaction score
My beautiful Poppet stopped eating her food suddenly yesterday and this evening passed away in my arms. I love her so much, she brought me so much joy. I took her to the vets this morning, they gave her saline, painkillers and antibiotics and a bit of fibreplex to make sure she had something in her tummy.

She came home and managed to eat some coriander and water but started to get weaker as the day went on.
IMG_0353.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

04aedd2a112911e1a87612313804ec91_7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Old-New-York-188.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Such a wonderful bunny and only 2 years old my heart is broken.

How heartbreaking! That's the thing with our buns, sometimes we get very little warning when something's wrong. She was such a gorgeous girl. Rest in peace little one.

How heartbreaking! That's the thing with our buns, sometimes we get very little warning when something's wrong. She was such a gorgeous girl. Rest in peace little one.

Thanks Kelton, I just can't get my head around it. I have always heard these horror stories but never thought it would happen to Poppet she has always been so full of life! My life is going to be a lot more lonely without her wee face.

Oh, I am so so sorry. You are going through one of my fears with my pets. I have had birds & so often you may miss symptoms or it can take them so quickly you don't have time to get them to a vet much less give a vet time to save them. Faith & Hope are my first buns & I hope & pray they will both live to be old bunnies & simply die in their sleep of old age. My heart goes out to you.

Latest posts

Back