My poor little lucky bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindseyG

Reaction score
Ok so I feel HORRIBLE and hate myself but my little blue pearl english angora who is now named Lucky, escaped on the morning/sometime the night before on the 14th. The latch on his cage was not secured and he fell/escaped out of the middle cage in my 3 stack cage. He then was lord knows where by the time I woke up to check on them. I searched and combed the woods/yard for 2 days and this morning there was a sign on the street corner that said "FOUND BUNNY" I was so relieved I knew it was my little guy. Poor guy was found last night by a neighbor, he had all kinds of leaves and twigs and mud matted into his long hair so the man who found him had to cut his hair. :( I am just glad that he is alive! I just knew a hawk or owl or stray dog had gotten him. He is only 1.5 lbs! I am watching him very closely for loose stools and such, there is no telling what he ate for the two days he was lost and the neighbor who found him fed him guinea pig food because they had guinea pigs. I'm hoping all that doesn't upset his tummy. I guess this solves my naming dilemma because he still wasn't named but now he is. Lucky.

I am so so glad to have my sweet little guy back home he is munching away on his hay and pellets and drinking right now he is glad to be back. Here is my sweet baby a week ago. I'll get a new picture of him minus his long beautiful hair tomorrow. I'm going to have to get out my scissors and tidy him up though because he looks pretty bad.
6914582848_efb8349c99_z.jpg

So glad to hear of the recovery. Wow, Lucky is an understatement. So glad your sweet boy was found by an honest person who took care of him and put up signs.

It must be a great relief having him home. Hair will grow back. Hoping no problems digestive wise and everything settles down for you.

Believe me, I would have been a total wreck. So glad for the happy ending!

K:)

Thank you! I am so happy to have him home! I was so worried I honestly thought he would not make it. This man said that he was sitting in his driveway when he pulled in and darted into the garage when it opened. He is still very bright eyed and healthy looking. I am very relieved!

I imagine you've added more locks so he won't have to be lucky again, and given your wonderful neighbor a batch of home-made cookies or something.

Latest posts

Back