My poor girl's teeth

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RavenousDragon

Reaction score
So my buns had their annual exams today and my Brandy had horrible wave mouth and some pretty bad points. These lead to a pretty bad ulcer on her tongue. I feel awful because I had no idea she was even in pain. She was eating COMPLETELY normally, had normal stool, was active, had not lost any weight, and had completely normal teeth last year at her annual exam. I mean, she even tried to steal and eat a dog treat the other day.

She's all trimmed down and good now- and will be going back probably for many more trims. But I was wondering, do you guys know of any more symptoms I could have missed of my girl being in pain? I'm trying to wrack my brain to see what I could have missed.

So my buns had their annual exams today and my Brandy had horrible wave mouth and some pretty bad points. These lead to a pretty bad ulcer on her tongue. I feel awful because I had no idea she was even in pain. She was eating COMPLETELY normally, had normal stool, was active, had not lost any weight, and had completely normal teeth last year at her annual exam. I mean, she even tried to steal and eat a dog treat the other day.

She's all trimmed down and good now- and will be going back probably for many more trims. But I was wondering, do you guys know of any more symptoms I could have missed of my girl being in pain? I'm trying to wrack my brain to see what I could have missed.
I'm sorry for your dear girl , I had the same experience as yours... and that was because my bun had not eaten grass/hays with a reach fibre.
It's a sad situation I know, but you should try and make things better.
My 1 year bun's back teeth grade was 3. I cried a lot for not knowing his hidden pain ...
But one vet helped me and my Nico with removing the blaze-shaped tooth that might hurt badly the tongue and also the cheeks.
Now Nico is fine and has a normal life after that surgery. :)
So please don't be upset and try ! 👍

Rabbits are very good at hiding their pain. That's why a lot of times, we only discover the problems when they've become pretty bad. Honestly, teeth problems are generally discovered when the rabbit stop eating, when they drool or grind their teeth. And it's not something you can really control yourself - I regularly take a look at my rabbits teeth, but it's impossible to see the back of their mouth, so I just have the vet check everything when I go for their vaccines (but, like you, that's only once a year!). So, if your rabbit was acting normal, there is no way you could have known. If you didn't have the annual exam, she probably would have stopped eating at some point which would have clued you in. It was lucky it was caught before it came to this point. I wish her a speedy recovery!

Back