My Outdoor Hutches (NJ)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Java

Reaction score
I have 3 hutches outside - backed up against my dog's pen. That seems to keep the fox and bear away. The fox haven't bothered my two bunnies that run free either. In the bottom picture, you can see a black bunny in the foreground and 3 ducks relaxing between the hutches. The bunnies have a round dog run that they play in the grass in on the weekends.
3Rabbithutches.jpg

Backyardanimals.jpg

I can't figure out why. It happened when I posted a couple of bunny pictures on the 'introduction' board yesterday. Then a staff member came back witha"fixed" message. So I don't know if I'm doing something wrong. I followed the directions for Photobucket - cut them down to under 680xsomething.

Am I seeing correctly... you have ducks/geese, a dog, and a bunny all relaxed lol!!! Love how everyone gets along!!

Yup. All the animals (the two cats aren't in this picture) get along fine. Sometimes a bunny will chase the ducks - but they don't take it seriously. The dog helps keep the fox away & I haven't had the bear get at the rabbit hutches yet (I've only had them 2 years). I know bear sometimes will, and they killed a baby goat down the road from me. I see them all the time, sometimes passing through the back yard. One big boy did dump a duck's nest out (it was in a dog-house by the pond) and eat all the eggs about 1 week before hatching. The mother duck got away into the pond. That was last year. My two 'outside' bunnies (the loose ones) have been out since last spring. My hay shed is where the sleep at night. They are out on the double when they hear the back door open - looking for treats! I'm glad it's Friday! My cage bunnies get out to play in the grass on the weekends.

Hope all your bunnies are well!

Trudy

Latest posts

Back