My new lionhead... What color?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should I name my new Lionhead doe?

• Begonia

• Sage

• Willow

• Sugar Magnolia (nickname: Maggie)

• Sunshine

• Scarlet

• Charlotte (nickname: Charlie)

• Blossom

Results are only viewable after voting.

GalacticBunny

Reaction score
Hey all!

Just brought home my new lionhead baby, born February 3rd, making her 3 months old yesterday! She is a broken Vienna mark/ sport, however I am a little unclear as to what color she is exactly. I'm thinking either orange or tort. She's very minimally marked (almost completely white), and along with her fur being rather long,it's a bit difficult to tell the color. Any ideas/ comments would be much appreciated!

Well, on to the pictures... (Just to add, her left eye is split blue and brown, and her righteye is mainly blue witha little brown marbling) :)

n1330410078_30143129_2888770.jpg

n1330410078_30143139_4583629.jpg

Again, thanks for any help!

PS-I have a fewnames in mind for my new lil girly! Please vote on the poll!

Awesome. Thanks for the quick replies, Blaze_Amita and SweetSassy! Unnamed-baby-lionhead gives many kisses and cuddles in apprecation. Right now I'm kind of leaning towards Willow and Blossom. I'm going to wait for more people to vote =)

GalacticBunny-Those were my 2 picks. Lol. Hope you go with one of those 2 names. I'll be watching for the name you choose. :biggrin2: April

She is SUCH a cutie! I love her markings & colouring. I've never seen a Broken Orange Vienna Sport (wheew that was long)!! I love her eyes.

Gosh I really need to get myself a Vienna Sport. :p

I think she looks like a Sage or a Willow. My Sage & my Willow would happily agree, lol.

Emily

Gosh look at her!!
Gorgeous eyes!!
I want!!

I voted for Maggie but now I am thinking more of Willow
or Charlie!! Sooooo cute!!!

Thanks so much everybody, for the wonderful, kind comments! I've been sitting here, thinking and thinking, and I've decided to call her Willow! Her full name will be Willow Blossom =)

I'm going to be different - she looks like a Maggie to me - almost screams "Maggie" to me.

Congratulations on getting an adorable little bun! Enjoy her!

Denise

It's difficult to tell from the photo, but here's something to look for. Orange is an agouti and has a light eye circle, where the tort doesn't.

Pam

Orange_tort_eye.jpg

SweetSassy wrote:
She is so adorable! I like the name Blossom. She looks like a Blossom.

:apollo:April
First off she is so amazing, I love broken lionheads!!!
I also like the name Blossom go with it!

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
She is SUCH a cutie! I love her markings & colouring. I've never seen a Broken Orange Vienna Sport (wheew that was long)!! I love her eyes.

Gosh I really need to get myself a Vienna Sport. :p

I think she looks like a Sage or a Willow. My Sage & my Willow would happily agree, lol.

Emily
I was wondering could you explain Vienna Sport?

awww, she's so cute! i wanna bunny nap her!
i voted for Willow, but i also love Charlotte and Blossom for her :D!

Thanks everybody! I love her so much. Vienna marks, sometimes also called sports, are mismarks born to one bew parent and one self or broken (non blue eyed) parent. Sometimes they have dutch markings, other times they just appear broken. They can have brown eyes, marbled eyes, or blue eyes.

GalacticBunny wrote:
Thanks everybody! I love her so much. Vienna marks, sometimes also called sports, are mismarks born to one bew parent and one self or broken (non blue eyed) parent. Sometimes they have dutch markings, other times they just appear broken. They can have brown eyes, marbled eyes, or blue eyes.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Latest posts

Back