My new chin nethies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polly

Reaction score
SO around 6months ago i asked a friend to tell me who the best breeder for chinchilla coloured nethies was in the uk. and she came back with this guys email and name. I promptly emailed him and waited and waited lol and on tuesday we made the trip down from scotland to manchester to get first pick of his rabbits he was letting go we went for 3.....!!! we got 5, 4 chins and 1 ghost chin doe.

so proudly introducing my new rabbits (not all are named yet!)

this is the first buck lovely type and shoulders and bum on him won't keep his ears together though!! His dad took best of breed in the bradford show (very big show over here) in 2005

DSC02013.jpg

DSC02014.jpg

This is the second buck he is only young he was born in february so still has to grow into himself the breeder said usually his rabbits take 18 months to get there! His father won best of breed in Bradford show this year.

DSC02020.jpg

DSC02023.jpg

This is Mimzy she is a lovely girl

DSC02030.jpg

And this girlie has no name yet but is sired from the same father as the olderbuck!

DSC02035.jpg

aaaannnnd thisis Myrtle (yes after harry potter and moaning myrtle :p) seen as she is a ghost chin I figured she needed a ghostly name! SHe cropped up in a black otter to black otter breeding and as the breeder doesn't breed black otters he can't use her so we got her free!! I know she looks liek she is overweight but she is actually lighter than Mimzy she just has a chin rest :pshe is so lovely though and she is going to be meeting Oscar pretty soon ;)

Oh and for anyone wondering the difference. she does not have the same banding as chinchilla and if i mated her to one fo my chin bucks it would ruin the banding on them. SHe is also actually very brown tinged as well whcih helps to tell her apart from the others

DSC02027.jpg

DSC02029.jpg

So beautiful Polly :D, congrats on all your lovely chinny chin chins!

Just curious, I wonder if ghost chin there is the same as here? Ghost chin here usually shows a spattering of chin colour over the body (but very sparse) and darker ears and face. I didn't know it could be so dark!

Edited to add example

mkb4sl.jpg

OOooooHHHhhhhh! They are beautiful! That was a long trip to make, but you did well! 5 new babies! Love that little boy! I could easily bunny-nap him!

Lots of luck with them... You should get beautiful babies!

I really like Myrtles name!!!!

Thanks guys

Nz minilops I think we call thata frosty over here. I will be honest I am now not sure what she is other than beautiful and very friendly. but the guy we got her from has been breeding 25 years and said she was a ghost chin. another lop breeder doesn't agree. I guess i will see when i mate her in what i get as i know what her background is!

oh, they're beautiful! and i love Myrtle's name!

Thankyou :biggrin2:peek a boo any time just let me know and ones yours ;)you are only a couple of hours away !!

I will be sure to let you all Know how they do when tehy go into their first show:biggrin2:may be a while those moults are wicked!!

Oh and the names are now chosen the other doe is Padamae, the older buck is Yoda (though has been nicknamed bugalugs as he doesnt like to hold his ears together!!)and teh younger buck is Obi wan :p

Latest posts

Back