MY NEW BUNNIES

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aphreditie70

Reaction score
Hi all! Went to the Hughesville fair tonight.Was checking out their bunnies, they had all kindsnetherlands,lops,polish,lionhead,angora, mini rex along with some bigbunnies too!they were all so cute! i was originallythinking of getting a pair of mini lops but after that little femaledutch we had at work last week. (she got a very good home) i fell inlove with these two dutch. they are eight weeks old.both ofthemwas checking us out sniffing our hands when we went by.their from different stock, i made sure they werent related. i just hadto have them. thier bothin the same cage for now, but imgetting another cage tomorrow or this weekend.i still haventnamed them yet. they are a pair, a blue/white buckand ablack/whitedoe. so now we have 4 bunnies both girls are themsame color and the same with the boys. Whats the best way tointroduce them to thumper and sniffers? thier pic is below.

Awww, your buns are so cute! Give each of them abig kiss for me! I'd imagine putting they're two cages by each other sothey can get used to each other, and then when they're relaxed aroundeach other, taking them on a supervised visit on neutral grounds....
Good luck!

Ellie

Congrats on your new bunnies! I lovedutch. They have wierd personalities.:p Are yourother rabbits spayed/neutered? If not, then I would recommendonly letting the bunnies of the same gender play together.And keep an eye out for aggressiveness- their hormones can sometimesmake them fight.

You can start introducing them by putting their cages near but not nextto each other. If they fight through the bars, put an extrafence or something in between them. After they've gotten usedto smelling and seeing each other, introduce them in a neutralarea. That means a place that NONE of the rabbits have beento before. Some people use bathtubs or kitchentables.

Check out this website. It's a good starting point and helped me a lot.

http://www.mybunnies.com/bonding.htm

Thanks!We are very excited about ournew bunnies. I bought a new cage today. One with a plastic bottom. iplan on moving thumper into the bigger cage since hes grown so much (heneeds more room)and the new buck in thumpers cage. im namingthe doe Angel. She will stay in the metal cage i got from out in theshed. For now. later i will get them a bigger cage as well. Im stilltrying to think of a name for the buck although im leaning towardsnibbles. (Any Suggestions?) No im not planning on getting any of themspayed/neutered. Because im going to breeding them for work.im think i will let the same gender out together and see how they do.and go from there. I do have the new bunnies cage next to thumpers andhis is on top of sniffers. i am going to take more pics too. so will beback in abit!by the way i have added a link to the forum tomy hamster site. and have been writing it down on caresheets for mycustomers. since it has been so helpfull for me. :D

Here comes Blaze! i had him and thumperout.Blaze ran out into the kitchen. thumper and sniffers dontgo in the kitchen thats a no no. so it was funny when thumper got tothe kitchen doorway he put on the breaks and stopped! He juststood there lookingas if to say where did he go? LOL

Latest posts

Back