My New Baby Lily!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesCarden

Reaction score
Hey Everyone! I'm proud to introduce my new addition!

This is Lily!

I picked her up on monday from the breeder who bred my boy Smoky. shes a wonderful breeder (Heather Pickens) here in AZ.

My little girl was the pick of the litter! Shes was born on Febuary 25th and is about 8 weeks old!Myfuture plans are to breed her with smoky! I already have homes for the babies before there even born! yay! I'm going to make an AMAZING calendar of the babies as they grow up in there first 8 weeks as siblings! if i breed smoky and her together i'll have a high chance of Siamese sable( like lily) and second highest Siamese Smoke Pearl (like Smoky) and they both have REW in there linage (lilys daddy andSmokys grandma) so i might get one of them as well!

Anyway! tell me what you think!

lilyG.jpg

lily.jpg

lily1.jpg

lily2.jpg

lily3.jpg

lily4.jpg

lily5.jpg

lily6.jpg

Let me know your favorites!!!

James

What a gorgeous little bunny the bunny stork has been working hard again :stork:

I love all the pics can't decide which one's my fave have you made a blog for her yet?

Can you please give me the link when you do,

Thanks

xx

I like the first one also......it looks sweet with a bit of rotten hiding in there somewhere!

SHE is absolutely gorgeous! I am in love!

She is sooo cute, James :).

Why breed, though? Are you planning to show her or the babies? What is your breeding goal? Do you know that you could be putting her health in extreme danger by breeding?

There are so many homeless rabbits in AZ already :?.

She's absolutely precious! Congrats on your newest addition!

Gee...I wish I had your photography skills :?because my babies would look amazing! All my buns would.

Lily is just so sopretty....what a gorgeous little face she has :)

Cheryl

undergunfire wrote:

Why breed, though? Are you planning to show her or the babies? What is your breeding goal? Do you know that you could be putting her health in extreme danger by breeding?

Yes I will be showing them! My first show is the May 24th & 25th show in Tucson (hope your going!!) Heather is kinda taking me under her wing! My new home i'm getting in july will have a full outdoor rabbitry with A/C and all! i'm going to try and keep mine under 15 holes. only keeping the best of eatch litter will help that! I cant wait to have you over its going to be so nice!

James

The second one is my favorite picture! Congrats on your new addition! Lily is sooo adorable. Maybe I can convince my parents for another by the time Lily and Smoky hook up. ;)

And I wish you would become a traveling photographer...so you could come here and photograph my two. You do such a great job!

Congrats! she's a beauty! :)

But erm... she's only 8 weeks old and you can really tell if it's a she or he? :?

serenz wrote:
Congrats! she's a beauty! :)

But erm... she's only 8 weeks old and you can really tell if it's a she or he? :?

Sorry to answer for you James.

But anyways, usually breeders are really good at telling if it's a he or she or not, even if theyare young. :)

XxMontanaxX

ya that's what I thought when I got mine.. I wanted a male and female but it turns out that both are male. Even the vet couldn't give me a confirm answer, she kept saying you can't be sure until it's about 4 months old? :?

I am on my way to your house right now and am going to bunny snatch her!! lol joking!

She is VERY VERY VERY SO SO SO SO ADORABLE! what breed is she?

Edit: By the way if you took those pictures that is, how did you get it white all around? I have wonderd about that.

JamesCarden wrote:
undergunfire wrote:

Yes I will be showing them! My first show is the May 24th & 25th show in Tucson (hope your going!!) Heather is kinda taking me under her wing! My new home i'm getting in july will have a full outdoor rabbitry with A/C and all! i'm going to try and keep mine under 15 holes. only keeping the best of eatch litter will help that! I cant wait to have you over its going to be so nice!

James

Phew, I do feel much better that you will have a mentor :thumbup. I thought you were just breeding to "just breed". I see that a lot in my area, so I get all defensive.

Sorry for jumping down your throat :baghead.

Tuscon is faaaaar for me, like almost 4 hours....I think :cry1:. I hope you will do a show closer to Prescott. You should totally plan to show at the Yavapai County Fair this September...that is in Prescott Valley and I will be able to go, for sure!

Let me know when you get your house! I am going to be coming down to the PHX area pretty soon (within a month or two) to meet up with Tracy (timetowaste) again...and we are going to go to a Brambley Hedge adoption day...you should meet us there :wave2!

Lovely pictures! Wow, siamese sable is much darker than I expected it to be (I'm a bunny newbie still trying to learn what all the colors look like :p). You should really start a blog for these three, and especially if you breed them cause I want to see baby pics! :biggrin2:

undergunfire: I would never breed to just breed! lol i have carefully calculated that there lines are perfect to cross and will make exceptional babies! and Netherland dwarfs only have 3 or 4 babies most of the time so that definetly a plus!

BSAR: To get the all white look i take a white canvas or poster board and make a wall that curves down to the ground. very easy to do. you can get my lighting equipment at Alienbees.com. very affordable stuff~

Little Bay Poo: Yes! Siamese Sable and Siamese Smoke pearl are actually the perfect match to breed. there babies will be a mix of both. maybe even a REW! I'll be documenting the babies every half week till there 8th week in a calendar!

James

James, you know you are killing me?! I have decided that the next bunny to get (and that is when I can get one - when we move!) is a smoke pearl or marten - like Billy or your babies. I want the dark points on one. I love that look!

and I know the word I wanted for the first picture........ she looks COY. :biggrin2:

MEGA-cute!

I'm partial to photo #2; I also like#4 because it's a cute bunny butt shot. (Other than a cute bunny face, there's nothing cuter than a fuzzy bunny backside. :biggrin2:)

Jenk

Latest posts

Back