My new babies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindseyG

Reaction score
I finally have my new babies. They are settling in after their 10 hour car ride. They really bonded with each other in the car even though they are from different litters.
Here is the female.
6911614346_ec73bd635d_z.jpg

6911614400_275b6e7dd4_z.jpg

and the male is a blue pearl
7057697989_50618f500a_z.jpg

6911614696_2e66e732b6_z.jpg

Beautiful Babies! So glad to hear all went well with the long ride and are now the babies are settling in together.

K:)

Thank you! They are beautiful and very calm babies. That could all change though I have only had them a couple of hours haha. I have decided to name the girl Molly not sure yet about the buck.

LindseyG wrote:
Thank you! They are beautiful and very calm babies. That could all change though I have only had them a couple of hours haha. I have decided to name the girl Molly not sure yet about the buck.
Enjoy those calm babies. lol Things will definitely change once they "really" know they are home. That's when you start getting glimpses of their real personalities.

Neville and Luna were angels too when they first got here. It took Neville a good week to start showing his personality. Unfortunately with Luna, I didn't get to see when she started to really settle until 2 weeks after she arrived. And that's because my focus was on getting Neville better. But she has definitely made sure everyone knows she is here. She is definitely so much different than my boys.

Love Molly for your little girl's. Can't wait to hear what you call your buck.

Thanks! Just went to check on them. They are doing great, they nibbled on some pellets and drank a little water. When Molly saw me she was so happy she did a binky and then ran right to the door of the cage to greet me. I can tell these are going to be very social babies especially the doe.

Thank you! She is so sweet! She practically jumps into my arms whenever I go to check on them. She loves being petted. I just love them both already! It just goes to show that even breeders who have a lot of rabbits can raise nice social babies. It is just up to the breeder to spend the time with them.

LindseyG wrote:
Thank you! She is so sweet! She practically jumps into my arms whenever I go to check on them. She loves being petted. I just love them both already! It just goes to show that even breeders who have a lot of rabbits can raise nice social babies. It is just up to the breeder to spend the time with them.

So true. I have 4 examples of bunnies who's breeders knew what I wanted and worked to make sure bunny babies were social. It's important to let each party know what you are looking for. You'd be surprised how willing breeders are to work with you if you just ask.

So glad that Molly loves your touch and your company. That's what it's all about. Gaining their trust. And when you have breeder who helps you initiate this trust, makes a World of difference. But again, you must ask and let them know what you are looking for. You have initiated the foundation of a life long relationship. Now all you need to do is build on it. Go for it! And be the same type of breeder that help you obtain trust with your babies. That's what I'm going to do.

It's a Win/Win situation all around. For the bunnies and their new Parents.

Thanks everyone! I will get better pictures of them soon. I am amazed at how sweet and adorable they are. :) I was wondering today why the female is so much bigger than the male, she is only a few days older. I looked at her pedigree and noticed that all the rabbits on her pedigree are between 6 and 7 lbs. All the rabbits on the bucks pedigree are 5-6 lbs. It is neat being able to see all their ancestors for 4 generations.

some better pics and I also weighed them just now. The buck is 1.2 lbs and the doe is 1.95 lbs. They are so tiny and cute!
side by side
6914582684_c3562f9324_z.jpg

6914583984_b7c4876df2_z.jpg

6914583734_f8f00001a4_z.jpg

buckling
6914582848_efb8349c99_z.jpg

6914582932_edeb644224_z.jpg

6914583078_096f7e21f1_z.jpg

I love how one of his ears has tipped over but the other hasn't yet.
6914583154_581e8a7a8a_z.jpg

Doe
6914583314_8fa3588515_z.jpg

7060665485_5712f62535_z.jpg

7060665585_d36b0d81e3_z.jpg

Latest posts

Back