My new babies pickle and pepper

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have bonded my pebbles buck with pickle doe for a friend after lossing my peanut. After having pickle for 4 days went to check on my babies and found pickle in with my pebbles who is neutered 5 years ago. Pebbles buck and pickle doe. But then I had an offer of a 10 week buck looking for a forever home and I fell in love with pepper and I have him in a playpen right next to my other two. In an evening closely watching them all I allow then some time together. I hope I am doing right as I hope to let them free roam after neutering pepper and spaying pickle

They're adorable! Because your doe isn't spayed, it's a risk putting your new buck with her. If you continue to and they're all getting along, you just need to watch him very carefully and not allow any mounting by him. If his testicles haven't dropped yet, they soon will in the next few weeks, and he could get her pregnant.

If you don't get them spayed/neutered at the same time but get him neutered first, he can still be hormonal and fertile for up to 6 weeks post neuter, so he still shouldn't be with her or bonded with your pair, until she's spayed and recovered, or until it's been 6 weeks since his neuter.

They're adorable! Because your doe isn't spayed, it's a risk putting your new buck with her. If you continue to and they're all getting along, you just need to watch him very carefully and not allow any mounting by him. If his testicles haven't dropped yet, they soon will in the next few weeks, and he could get her pregnant.

If you don't get them spayed/neutered at the same time but get him neutered first, he can still be hormonal and fertile for up to 6 weeks post neuter, so he still shouldn't be with her or bonded with your pair, until she's spayed and recovered, or until it's been 6 weeks since his neuter.
Thank you for your help and caring advice. I welcome advice as I have not had a doe before. I’ve always had buck brothers. I certainly will get my new buck neutered soon. I have had my 2 new bunnies vaccinated with the all in one vaccine for myxomatosis rhd/vhd as they were both over 10 weeks old. Next step is neutering my new buck and then my doe. Thank you

Both are So Super cute. Mine is named Peanut and I have a cat named Pickle...seems we like the same names to affectionately give our furbabies. Welcome, Peanut and I are new here too! ~Drea

Back