my nerves are shot

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bat42072

Reaction score
My sister is buying some cabins(sheds with porches) to make her and her kids a place to stay... their trailer was damaged by huricane rita and huricane Ike ... her land lord rigged the roof after rita( a tree fell on it) but didn't fix it righte so Ike tore of the siding and left a hole in the roof at the end of the trailer ... this happened in sept and the land lord (who is a preacher) has yet to fix it and her kids have athsma and are staying sick.. the kicker of it all is the land lord has an old trailer across the road which no one has lived in for about 12 years... the landlord ifs fixing that one instead of the one people actually live in... and she can't find any rental properties in the area

so my sister decided to get theese cabins after she saw some people are making little homes out of and she is putting them on my property..my husband scheduled for the first one to be delivered thursday when he was off and able to deal with it... the delivery guy called and was going to bring it today because thats what he wrote down but something happened with another delivery so he is coming tomorrow instead... well my husband can't tkae off tomorrow so now I have to deal with this and I hate dealing with stuff like this... I know something will go wrong... cause thats just the way it is ...

and on top of all this my daughters boyfriend who broke is clavicle last month is having surgery today to put a plate and screws to hold the bones together..

I hope things go smoothly with the delivery. I had dealing with that type of thing too.
I sorry to hear your sister's home was damaged by the hurricane. Shocking that the landlord wouldn't make people his priority. As a preacher you would expect he'd put his money where his mouth is.

after hurricane rita.. het fix the roof right... he had insuranse on the trailer that paid for the repairs... then he uped the rent 50 dollars a month...

Have you checked the rental laws there? Call your Attorney General. I don't think it's legal for him to fix the roof and up the rent..... or NOT fix it....

Also, I'm sure you've checked for permits that these cabins are legal on your property? I ask because we had an issue years ago when we wanted to build a house on my inlaw's property and when we wanted to refurbish a little farmhouse that sat next to theirs on their property...... something about 2 dwellings... stupid *$(%(_!# laws......

Latest posts

Back