My name is Bunnymommy ... and I am a 'treataholic' ... :-(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyMommy

Reaction score
Somebody please help me! I've been doingreally well on limiting Sherman's treats, but he's been very persistenttoday.

Oh, if you could only seehim!!! He looks so sweet and cute when he's in begging mode!...So innocent and precious. He even laid his headon my foot and looked up at me with big, watery, limpid pool eyes!

I'm slipping! My hand's moving towards the raisin box ...

Somebody helpme!!!

STEP AWAY FROM THE RAISIN BOX!

You do not need to earn that SherMonger's love, you already have it.

Treats are bad!

Treats are evil!

Remove yourself from the situation, count to 10 and Breathe.

Compose Yourself, Woman!

-Carolyn

You have the right to keep your hand away from theraisin box, anything you give Sherman can and will be used against youon this board of rabbit lovers!

lmao, I have to agree, those little sad bunny eyes are the worst toignore! Mocha was bagging me those few days I told everyone to not givehim treats, almost slipped up and gave him some. Be strong! You willpull through this! lol.

Laura, Moch, & Spice

Okay ... okay ... * deep breath * ... trying to be strong ...

1 ...

2 ...

3 ...

4 ...

5 ...

6 ...

7 ...

8 ...

9 ...

10 ...

Okay, he's standing up begging again, looking me in the eye ... I'm just going to pet him. ... Okay, I can do this ...

Going to go upstairs and fix his dinner ... That'll buy mesometime.

*laughing hysterically over what M&SMom said in her first paragraph!*

BunnyMommy,

You're a Serious Case. If we can break you, we can break anyone of this nasty habit.

You need a mantra. A phrase that you repeat over and over again in your head that avoids the temptation.

Anyone???

Any Suggestions????

This Lady Needs Help, she's a Treataholic. Did you see the size of that Beastly Bunny?

-Carolyn

LoL! Aww poor Bunnymommy! I think you need to lockthe raisins in a closet somewhere and lose the key for awhile til you can regain composure! :p

Remember: Treats are evil, snuggles are good! Must avoid treats at allcost! Pet thebunny, become immune to those begging eyes!lol:D

~pam

My suggestion: call in Dr. Pepper, we have a serious case on our hands!

Bunnymommy,

You're taking the first step to recovery, admitting you are indeed atreataholic. Very brave and noble of you to do so. Pick up Sherman andspill out love for him, ignore those pleading eyes, or turn his butt toyou on your lap so he can't beg and pet him like crazy, you will feelmuch better. ;)Don't give in! You are atronger than that, weare here for you. (lmao, I'm odd I know.)

[align=center]**************************************[/align]
Carolyn,

Glad you enjoyed my little pun with the rights that I read to Bunnymommy, lol.

Laura, Moch, & Spice

Okay, so far, so good. :? It'sbeen two and a half hours, and I'm being strong. Thanks toall of you, my supportgroup! He's been following me around and still begging, but I just keeppetting him, and every time I try to pick him up he hops off.That bunny does not like to be pickedup.

Maybe that's the key ... when he begs for a treat, try to pick him up! :(

At least Sherman will eat the treats you give him,Megan turns her nose up at everything :( lol I just wanna spoil her andshe wont let me!! Maybe she's smart and knows treats aren't all thatgood hah I dunno, she's a picky eater just like moi!

Make him beg sometimes, they like it better that way.

Besides, have you ever gotten so much attention from him??

Do what they do to us: act like you don't understand what they want.

-Carolyn

If you can find a therapist to help please give mehis name. I can not resist those little buns eyes and paws and theyeven tell me where the refrig is

Mine gets mad, holds a bit of a grudge, butgets over it pretty fast, bluebird.

-Carolyn

hmm. okay, i am going to ask and oddquestion here: WHY ARE TREATS TOTALLY EVIL? gosh,isn't that only if it's really excessive? just call me a nutjob, but ialways thought raisins and other healthy snacks are good forthem! not all rabbits are overweight! and i thoughtthat "beastly thing" looked great. oh, just call me aradical.....................

Just kidding about treats being evil, Janine, it is true only in excessive amounts.

Welcome to the board, by the way.

As you know, the excessive sugar in treats aren't good for rabbitswhich is why we tend to try to control ourselves when our rabbit's giveus a guilt trip.

Rabbit's systems don't take well to sugar and can upset them quite abit. Less is better as far as treats go. That's ourpractice in the U.S. at least. UK seems to give morevegetables in their rabbit's diets than we tend to recommend.

-Carolyn

Back