My name is Becca, and I'm a bunaholic...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delusional

Reaction score
I'm soooo excited! For the past few weeks I have been searching and searching for somewhere to get an english lop, since I've fallen in love with them again (I wanted to get one ever since I became hooked on bunnies, but I have to admit that seeing Yofi on here has sealed the deal.. ;)).

Finally, I've found a decent looking breeder (yes, I tried looking in rescues, and pets being rehomed, but there were absolutely none near me so I'm going the breeder route), and we're going to pick up Alfie tomorrow afternoon!

My boyfriend and I were suggesting names to each other (a close second was Elliot), but we both decided his name was Alfie and I can't wait to meet him tomorrow.

Loads of pics once he arrives, of course, but here's the one the breeder's sent!
Aaaaaaalfie.jpg

HE'S GORGEOUS!

I bet he's going to have loads of personality to share with you! Look at that cheeky look he has!

I'm jealous!

HORRAY! Another one to put on my napping list.

Ooopss...

I mean...

He's so handsome! He looks like an Alfie. Nice name. Gorgeous ears! :p

Looks like you and I both have our eyes on English Lops to adopt this week! I love the name (Alfie). He is so handsome!

Thanks all - I'm even more completely in love now I've met him in person! He's such a sweetie! He did a DBF in the carrier on the train home, then we let him have a hop around the floor before showing him to his cage and he was running around liek a maniac and binkying all over.

He also pooped loads and did a nice little wee next to the TV.. But I guess that's expected at first.

He even let me give him a couple of hugs and didn't even flick me off when I put him down. =)

DSCN4826.jpg

And yes that is blood on my finger.. he's already managed to scratch the bottom of his ear..

Awwww look at that little face! And those ears! :p I love his expression!
Be sure to keep his nails trimmed down so that he doesn't scratch his ears too much, though. If he hates having his nails clipped (as most buns do), a person on a meetup-group I'm on for dogs keeps her dogs' nails down by having him run around a tennis court, haha. Like one big emery board?

More pictures! ;)

~Diana

Oh My Gosh, he's stunning. How old is he? He looks quite small.

Maybe one day I will have one but right now with 6 bunnies, if i asked my husband for another I think he would shoot me. LOL

Susan:apollo:

PS

More pictures PLEASE!!!!

Diana - thanks, we managed to get his nails cut this morning so hopefully that'll sort the scratch problem. He was so chilled out (once we put a towel over him), only Ollie is easier to clip than him.

Susan - he's 13 weeks old today - born 29th July, so he's got some growing yet to do!

And everyone else - thanks for all your comments - Alfie's ego is inflating as we speak. =P

As requested, a few more photos. Would have been more but all he wanted to do this morning was doze in his litter box.

DSCN4835.jpg

DSCN4833.jpg

DSCN4832.jpg

Back