my mum is going 2 kill my bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishlops

Reaction score
well, my rabbit was getting cuddles (his nails need cliped....) i was on the ground, he hopped off, i got cut,..... only like 2cm long, and it only i mean only broke the skin.
i washed and put a plaster on it.
(i have got worse from a dog attack) and my mum went crazy! i herd her say ill kill them with an axe!
(we have 2 axes in the rabbit shed....) and she ment it....
i am going to do some revion, then go out and look mfor his lead, and go into the play shed.....
im so angery, like she did not go and kill that dog that attacked me!!!!
and eyore and me noes it was an acident..........:grumpy:

Your mom needs to settle down. Did she want to eradicate you the first time you threw up as a youngster? Maybe threw up or used diapers, or got sick and had to visit a doc?

Broke something in the house as a toddler?

I lost a shoebag when I was in grade school while shopping with my mom and sis, and she was upset for a time, yet looked beyond a pair of shoes ~ That doesn't equate to affection. Don't sweat the small stuff!!

Your innocent rabbit cannot help that his/her nails were long, and BELIEVE ME THEY WILL SENSE emotional vibes of stress. That poor Eoyore is fearing the mom. I hope she'll realize the love that rabbits can give if you treat them with respect, and long nails is a minor thing for YOUR mom to overreact on. Same thing when I was bit by a German Shepherd, the mom in my life didn't want to take uncalled-for action against the dog that ran down the drive to bite me.

Coming from a grandma, TF

The first time our granddaughter vomits on me, or poos in her pants and I have to change it, or has a cold and is teething, ... I'll be happy she's healthy and CUDDLE her lots. Please post pics of this angry human mom of yours.;)

Your mom can't be serious! :-o

Killing an animal is wrong, but killing an animal with an ax is just horrible!

If she keeps threatening to kill your bunny, I would tell another adult you trust right away.

I really doubt your mom would really "kill" your rabbit over a small cut. Maybe it was just out of anger and shock or something..

But maybe if she was serious, talk to her. Did you talk to her about it?

My best luck goes out to you.

Karlee

I hope she's just joking! I have heard my mum say things like that in the past about my guy, too. He bit her once (she's on blood-thinning medication, so it was quite messy). Every time she had to take care of him after that, she'd make a little face at him and jokingly threaten him when she'd walk into the room. He kept biting and lunging at her. Once she stopped, the aggression stopped. She even goes out of her way to get down on the floor and give him nose rubs now! :) People say silly things when they are angry! I've also heard my boyfriend say he was going to make Toby into Hasenpfeffer (rabbit stew). :grumpy:

she was not joking....
but she has calmmed down...... abit. i am hidding the axe 2morrow morning....
and his nails are being fixed pronto!!! (by the breeder, he said he will show me...)
she has calmmed down, me as well!
thanks, i only seen it had new post there now!
axe is dissappering/....

i dont no....
she does abuse me aswell. abuse is a strong word but....
more like make comments on me and my looks/clothes and hits slaps me, throws stuff.... but that only happens a few times in the year.. so its no big deal
i dont know whats wrong with her, she can be nice as well
my bunnys are ok so i will be.

but dont worry! chill im ok:D
ill every 1 about the hospital on tuesday, if u read the post,:biggrin2:

irishlops wrote:
i dont no....
she does abuse me aswell. abuse is a strong word but....
more like make comments on me and my looks/clothes and hits slaps me, throws stuff.... but that only happens a few times in the year.. so its no big deal
i dont know whats wrong with her, she can be nice as well
my bunnys are ok so i will be.
Er, I think she should talk to someone about that, it looks like your mam could be dealing with depression or something.

Ugh wow, no offense but I would not like a mom like yours! That's crazy....She is overreacting (Doesn't get upset about a dog attack but threatens rabbits just for a measly scratch?) wow, that's just insane.

What will she think when you get more scratches? If people didn't know I had rabbits, they'd think I cut myself or something....I have lots of scratches and cuts from the rabbits....the ones that have scars I have stories to go with, but it's nothing worth making a threat like that over - sure I get upset when I get hurt, but no one would threaten something so harsh.

Did you cry when he scratched you? Maybe that's why she freaked out and thought it was really bad or something. My mom just always asks "Did you get that from the rabbits?" and tells me to wash it....

Emily

Hmm, I wouldn't think your mum was serious but if she was I don't think she understands that rabbits are pets, not something you can dispose of just because they scratched you, even if it was deliberate! Heh heh, overreaction. Maybe she was brought up eating rabbits; at least she lets you keep one as a pet! You should make her see that rabbits are just as much pets as dogs! And talk to her about the other problems but they're probably just normal mum things going overboard. But I guess my advice is based on what I know, which isn't much. So hope everything's going well! :) I hope I've written this right :?

:D

irishlops, how old ARE you? We've asked this several times and I don't think you have ever answered us.

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Ugh wow, no offense but I would not like a mom like yours! That's crazy....She is overreacting (Doesn't get upset about a dog attack but threatens rabbits just for a measly scratch?) wow, that's just insane.

What will she think when you get more scratches? If people didn't know I had rabbits, they'd think I cut myself or something....I have lots of scratches and cuts from the rabbits....the ones that have scars I have stories to go with, but it's nothing worth making a threat like that over - sure I get upset when I get hurt, but no one would threaten something so harsh.

Did you cry when he scratched you? Maybe that's why she freaked out and thought it was really bad or something. My mom just always asks "Did you get that from the rabbits?" and tells me to wash it....

Emily

about the cut, i broke my arm and did not cry, i only really cry when i graze my knee or a death,

i wish this was a joke, really i do.

im 12 yrs old every 1 ok? :biggrin2:im 13 in feburay. my computer is playing up........ so i could not post earlier

Latest posts

Back