My little Bronco and Grandma Passed Away

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again. Yeah, it's not been fun at all. I try to tell myself that Grandma was old and had a full life, and that Bronco would have died alone had we not taken him. That's some sort of comfort to me... but not always enough.

I'm so sorry. I know that she had a good, long life, and that it wasn't totally unexpected, but it is still very hard to take.

I guess she and Bronco are going to cross the Bridge together - perhaps fate had something to do with the timing, so they can keep each other company.

:hug: Jan

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Thanks again. Yeah, it's not been fun at all. I try to tell myself that Grandma was old and had a full life, and that Bronco would have died alone had we not taken him. That's some sort of comfort to me... but not always enough.

I am so sorry to hear of your grandma's passing... a tough few days it has been for you.

I am sure your grandma and Bronco are bonding over the Bridge...may sound strange but I was very close to my grandpa (he was the dad I never knew until I was an adult) and when he passed, I was so sad.

He always loved my yellow Lab and when the Lab was very ill, I swear I saw my grandpa on my property, even though he never knew I moved to upstate NY as he had passed, prior.

My Lab had lymphatic cancer and went downhill so quickly - putting him down was one of the worst days of my life.

A day later, out of the corner of my eye, I saw my Lab and my grandpa near my pond. I can only believe that Sparky and my Gig are together, waiting for me someday.

:hug:

Denise

Thank you everyone. Grandma was actually my hubby's grandma but she was more of a grandma to me than my own. She was so kind and everyone loved her - even my parents are heartbroken about her loss..... but she's with Grandpa and her son who died of Cancer years ago..... and I'm sure they have a little white goat with them.

I'm missing Bronco really bad tonight. I keep seeing him looking up at me so lovingly and sweet.... I feel like an idiot..... but my heart is broken.

Thank you. We had her funeral today. It was lovely and so many people were touched by her kindness. Even our priest was choked up during the eulogy.

I'm relieved for her. She was ready. She's at peace.

The last smile I saw from her was when she was petting little Bronco. He had meaning in his short little life as well. He showed simple happiness to someone who gave everyone joy for many years.

A lot of people don't understand why we would be so upset about the little goat with what has happened to Grandma..... but he was a part of our family also.... and I know he was supposed to be for that short time. He spent Easter with the family and everyone was so sad to hear he had passed as well.

Latest posts

Back