My litter trained rabbit just PEED ON MY BED.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mardigraskisses

Reaction score
Luckily I have tons and tons of blankets so it didn't get to the mattress. I've read somewhere that rabbits will pee on your bed if you've seriously offended them :tears2:. I picked him up earlier because I thought I saw something strange on him, but other than that I've just been petting him and letting him run around like usual. He's about 3 or 4 months old and not altered, but he doesn't pee ANYWHERE except for his litter box and... Well, my bed.

Anyone know why he might be doing this?

I suspect he is "marking" you as his... the bed smells like you, he is putting his mark over yours to let any other bunny know you are taken. He'stelling everyone that he is top bun...

Does he rub you or your stuff with is chin too? :p

Bo, I suspect he is trying to be the dominant "buck" over your husband... LOL! I'm assuming your husband wasn't too happy with this behavior?

Nope..... but he got a new pillow out of it a couple of times LOL!

Now, I just don't leave him on the bed..... and if we do put him there, we take hubby's pillow and blanket off and put one of mine over his side of the bed. It does help.

I definitely have buns that some are ok on beds - some (or should say one..!) just can't handle it!
In my case with Bruno, my best guess is that it's because of the softness and squishyness.. since as soon as he is allowed on the bed and gets comfortable, he pees. The first time I thought it was an accident, but the second? No way Jose! Must be a bit too comfortable! He has perfect litter habits otherwise!
If you do allow him on your bed, putting down a table cloth helps deter any pee from soaking through.. a lot easier to clean up too!

My Toby pees on my boyfriend's side of the bed. He even went and peed all over the underside of the bed (on the carpet) on his side. You could almost draw a line right down the middle of the mattress based on the pee spots! :twitch: We just put thick blankets over the bed when we are gone. Toby eventually got over it and doesn't pee on the bed anymore. The blanket, however, remains. :p

Back