My Heart's on Fire for Elvira

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahahahaha how I did laugh at all this and I love Ellie´s new photos. Ohhhhh, she´s growing so much but I think her ears might stay like they are and she will grow around them. My dutchies have quite short fur but it´s so soft and I love stroking them. The castle´s coming along, can´t wait to see it finished. Great that she follows you about, she´s becoming your slave haha.

Ít´s good to have emergency supplies and save everything else just in case. How much stuff do I have in my apartment, note that space is limited, JUST IN CASE. Maybe it´s time for another clear out.

And the amount of times, I´ve typed and lost everything...well, it does my head in but I keep going.

I´m also spending tooooo much time on here but I just love it. You´re all so quick to reply and it would be rude not to reply back. OMG there are loads of bunny obsessed people out there but it´s great as I don´t feel I´m on my own in this....bunnies defintely rule :adorable:

Oh and that red truck with the yellow bed, thats Tonka Chuck. He is the scariest toy I've ever seen other than dancing and singing Mickey Mouse(I hate that thing and my son is terrified) But Tonka Chuck, drives by himself. He will randomly start to do wheelies and drive around the room. I read too much Stephen King when I was a teenager, so I'm having some Christine flashbacks. I refuse to turn it on.

do what my friend did with her 2-year-old and this crazy noisy toy lawnmower her mom got for Lizzie - take the batteries out and then tell him it's broken! :p

I took the Sherwood pellets out of their box and put them in gallon bags. I'm going to put them in the dark cabinet, I hope I don't need to refrigerate them, I'm a little limited on fridge space!

She still hasn't finished her Sherwood pellets from this morning! That brat! She's been eating hay and she will go get like one pellet at a time. lol She's a loon. But there is still a lot of pellets in there. I don't think I waited until the bowl was empty this morning when I fed her, so its like last nights Sherwood mixed with this morning's Sherwood. I don't really want to feed her anymore, since she's not eating these. I'm just going to wait until they're all gone and then I'll refill. She WILL eat these **** pellets! I didn't just pay all this money for her to be a picky little monster!

if you have space, I would keep a bag or two (the last to be used) in the fridge and the rest in a cabinet.

your ranting about how she WILL eat the sherwood sounds SO much like me when I was arguing with Nala and Gaz over it!

Ok, I keep doing that backspace thing too and it's flippin' driving me insane! On the old forum, if you did something like that, you could get back to the page you were typing on and what you had been typing would still be there. I really miss that! You make one little mistake with this new software and it's just gone, into oblivion. So frustrating! Then I sit there thinking 'do I really want to type that all over again'. I'll usually just skip half of what I had typed out before.

huh. maybe it's my massively-outdated version of FF (still using 3.6.something), but when I accidentally do that I can go back and my post is still there,

I only have a gallon and a half bags filled with Sherwood pellets. The other half of the bag, I put into a Garrett's popcorn tin, to keep it fresh while I'm using it. So I may put the two bags of food I have in the drawer in the fridge. Its really not that much. But it will take her forever to eat though it. I figured out some math yesterday and I figured out that a 19 lb box of Sherwood would feed two rabbits for 5 months at 1/4 cup per rabbit every day. lol I did some super math! lmao
Ellie is up to about 1/2 cup of food a day. She's at about 50/50 Sherwood and Kaytee, she's been there for a few days now. She's still taking a whole day to eat the Sherwood, but I think she's coming around, lol.

I just gave her a second litter box out of the cage. I picked up the fur pile and she has been using it as a soft potty, lol. So now I have to figure out how to wash fur without sending it a furrier. So I put the second litter box in the corner that the fur was in and put some of her poop in there and some dirty litter. Hopefully, she'll get the idea. haha.

She has been out of the cage since about 4:30 and she is so happy! She has found she can get behind my laundry hamper and she loves it back there. I've found her sleeping back there several times. Its darker and a little warm I guess because its next to the fridge. She likes her new house thing too, she likes to sleep on top of it.

I'm in the process right now of finishing her cardboard roll castle. Its a little different from my cave drawings and I did use hot glue, but I only used little tiny dabs of it. And its non-toxic. I checked. She doesn't even chew on cardboard. She hasn't chewed on her house in her cage, she hasn't chewed her new house thing on the floor or that sheet of cardboard on the floor. Or her two litter boxes. So hopefully she won't chew this.
I'll take pictures when I'm done and post them! Stay tuned!

That's su cute that she's found her own little cubby hole to snuggle up in and sleep :) Can't wait to see her new castle! Even if she doesn't chew it up, she'll probably have lots of fun playing with it. You may have lucked out though, if she doesn't prove to be much of a chewer.

With 10 rabbits, I go through about 50 lb. of feed a month. That averages to 5 lb. per rabbit, but of course my big bunnies eat the most.

Last edited:
Hahaha, what a cutie! Her paws are so dirty! I don't know how Hippogryff manages to stay so white, Phoenix is also running around dirty! She seems like a cute little handful who is only begginning to grow into her personality.

I love that you have planned out her cardboard castle on paper, thats hardcore! :)
You are an awesome bunny mother! Keep at it!

Michelle, Ellie's feet are FILTHY! I don't know why her feet are so stained, its been like that since I got her. They haven't lightened up or anything. Foo never had dirty feet, only a dirty bum. And thank you for thinking I'm a good bunny mom! :)

Jenny, that is A LOT of feed. It sounds like my chickens, I only have two but I go through about 50 lbs in a month. They get several cups a day. Well, I have mixed about 20 lbs of it with whole corn for heat.
But that is a lot of bunny food! haha. I still have the same 15 lb bag of feed that I bought Foo like 6 months ago. I did stop feeding her pellets shortly after I bought them, but I would still give her a few here and there.

On a sad note, I got a card from the vets office today. It was signed by Dr. Hreiz and all the staff there. They said some really really nice things. I only cried for a minute though. I got myself together pretty well and went on with my day. I put the card on my fridge so I can see it all the time. It was really nice of them to send the card.

AND NOW, WHAT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR! THE CARDBOARD CASTLE! lol. Just kidding! Its roof is double layer and well supported. I made sure to put a good amount of weight on it to make sure she won't fall through. She won't, lol.

Camerapictures391_zps01992dae.jpg

Camerapictures392_zps45cab093.jpg

Camerapictures393_zps70417404.jpg

Camerapictures394_zps9892f9f0.jpg

I don't know why all the pictures are so hazy. I guess there is too much cardboard color in the kitchen. It pretty much matches my floor. lol. I think it had something to do with the flash too.
Oh and here is a picture of two of my cats. They look really sweet together and they're usually not this close to each other, so I figured it should be documented. The cat on the left is Cali and the one on the right with the white belly is Smokey Big Cat.
Camerapictures395_zpsee475dd8.jpg

Last edited:
haha what a lovely castle with Ellie as the queen of the castle. Looks as though she's not sure about it but probably she hasn't seen anything that big before so she's sussing it out. I love the pic where she's just sitting upright in front of it and giving it the once over hahaha.

Great to see she's found her own hidey hole. They all seem to find a space they love best and stick with it and looks like she's found hers.

So nice of them to send the card, shows they really do care and are thinking of you. How great that you've got such a good vet and staff that really love their patients.

Cats are so cute and look really relaxed together.

More news on Ellie and her castle later please :nod

Yes, my cats are ONLY cute when they're sleeping. I think sometimes I would rather just have a herd of bunnies than the other animals I have.
Smokey Big Cat came into the kitchen just a few minutes ago to eat. After she ate, she watched Ellie. THEN she wanted to WATCH all the way to her mouth. She had the crazy eyes and I had to yell at her and splash water on her to get out of the kitchen. She is the hunter cat. She is capable of taking down squirrels, thats a serious hunter.
Then Cali, that cat is trying to send me to an early grave. I heard this noise from the kitchen, like someone had come into my house. So I froze. I sat there and heard something else. I walked into my living room and Cali is in a tiny closet, in a box or something making this terrible scratching noise. I wanted to strangle her. I thought someone broke in! I was thinking to myself, great my husband is upstairs in his sleep-coma. I'm alone and all I have is another cat and a baby bunny. The dog doesn't count as a protector since he's upstairs in his sleep-coma too.

Ellie is going crazy right now! I'm sitting in the floor with her and she is binkying around and doing laps and acting nuts! hahaha. She is so funny. I'll try to snap some pictures! They never turn out well though, **** camera.

Oh and thank you everyone for thinking my castle is great! I think I did a pretty good job and I think Ellie likes it.
I was thinking about it a few minutes ago, how much I missed having a rabbit running around my kitchen. This is day two of Elvira being out of her cage for a long period of time. Foo was out all the time and I loved it. She would find a place to nap and I wouldn't see her until the evening. Ellie is like that too. She found her niche and now she is out and playing. I love it. I missed it a lot. The only thing is, she can squeeze her little butt into little gaps that Foo could never fit into. So I'm having to block things off. Its mostly next to my washer/dryer. They're between a cabinet and wall, so there is a gap between washer and cabinet and dryer and wall. She is just curious enough to get in there. lol Hopefully she'll stop trying, I hope she grows a little more so she can't get back there anymore. (she's eating her Sherwood pellets right now! haha. I'm MAKING her eat them!) I like having her out a lot too, because it shows me what she'll chew on. So far, she hasn't chewed on anything. She has enough cardboard and things to be on, so she is occupied. I really hope I luck out and get another non-chewer.

Okay, here are my last pictures for the night then I HAVE to go to bed. I have to start painting my kitchen tomorrow! YAY! :rollseyes
But here is Ellie on top of her new castle. AND she was chewing on it! hahaha. I guess she DOES chew, I spoke too soon. AND she was trying to chew on my USB cord. The only cord she's tried to chew on. (it doubles as my phone charger too, so thats no good) I pressed her head down and told her no. So hopefully she'll learn. She didn't go towards the lap top cord though. They're strange creatures.

Anyways, here are the pictures!
Camerapictures401_zpsb7b88c3d.jpg

Camerapictures400_zps1782bdae.jpg

Camerapictures398_zpsa17d57bd.jpg

Question: are the pictures really big for you guys? Like they're big on my computer, but they take up the whole width of the forum page and I don't have to scroll from side to side. It fits in there perfectly. Are they big enough to make you guys scroll from side to side to see the whole picture? If they are, let me know. Photobucket really hates me and it won't save the edits I make a lot of times, and I feel like the pictures are TOO big!

PS. I just put her in her cage for the night and she's going crazy. She is biting the bars and running from side to side, she really wants back out. Too bad I can't leave her out while I'm sleeping. Time to cover her up, like a bird! hahaa.

They are big but we don't care, means we get a better look at that little cutie, she is so lovely and getting bigger. I love seeing them grow into their skin.She really is the Queen of the castle and I love her periscoping on top to see even more.

I hate photobucket as well sometimes, you try and reduce the size but it always looks miles bigger on here that it did on the photobucket site.

Oooohh, starting to chew cords, I tried telling Houdini off but he just runs away and finds something else hahaha.

A hunter cat, not good around Ellie but you look as though you've got it covered. That's what I was worried about with my friend's dog. She's got terrier in her and that's not good for rabbits as they are natural hunters so best to keep them away.

You're off to bed and I'm not long up....time differences are sometimes such a pain although I love getting up in the morning and ready all the posts I've missed during the night.

the pics are always huge here. I've tried resizing them on my camera, in the editing program and in photobucket. the same pic that's huge here is normal sized on other forums. dunno what the deal is. I never have to scroll sideways to see the whole thing, though, so it's all good.

Awh that was nice of the vet to do that for you!

When I got Peter's urn back from his cremation, I had only paid for a standard one (when I say only, it was friggin expensive :/).
When I got the urn home, I noticed the vet had paid for an extra heart with his name engraved on it because they knew how much I loved him.

Now you have things that remind you of Bunny Foo Foo but in a happy way I hope!

As for the cardboard castle, that is one piece of work.

One last touch, I LOOOOOOVE your big smokey cat! He looks just like a barn cat I used to have as a child smartest and sweetest cat EVER. She reminded me of Phoenix. :)

the pics are always huge here. I've tried resizing them on my camera, in the editing program and in photobucket. the same pic that's huge here is normal sized on other forums. dunno what the deal is. I never have to scroll sideways to see the whole thing, though, so it's all good.

I know right! Even with the old software or whatever, its all so big! I don't understand. And some peoples pictures are so big that I actually have to scroll over. I'm glad you don't have to. I have google chrome and I thought that maybe that was it. But I guess not. Photobucket hates everyone and I think they should fix that. If it doesn't work when you edit it, then why the hell are their editing settings? Jeez. (sorry y'all it feels like a rant day! I didn't get a whole lot of sleep)

Awh that was nice of the vet to do that for you!

When I got Peter's urn back from his cremation, I had only paid for a standard one (when I say only, it was friggin expensive :/).
When I got the urn home, I noticed the vet had paid for an extra heart with his name engraved on it because they knew how much I loved him.

Now you have things that remind you of Bunny Foo Foo but in a happy way I hope!

As for the cardboard castle, that is one piece of work.

One last touch, I LOOOOOOVE your big smokey cat! He looks just like a barn cat I used to have as a child smartest and sweetest cat EVER. She reminded me of Phoenix. :)
Thats really sweet with the heart for him! They did her paw prints, but I haven't called to see if their done. And I'm not sure how much they'll charge me, if they do. I still had to pay for her spay since she passed AFTER the spay was complete. It makes sense, but I was a little pissed when they told me it was still going to be $185 as I holding a carrier with my deceased rabbit in it.

Hahaha. The cardboard castle is a piece of work. I'll be honest, I got like half way through it and asked myself what the hell I was doing. But, I had this plan in my head since before Foo passed. I was going to make Foo this castle, just on a larger scale since she was a lot bigger than Ellie. So I kind of couldn't stop collecting toilet paper and paper towel rolls. I kind of know how hoarders feel now! But now, my project is done and Ellie likes it. So I can stop collecting the rolls like that. ahahahaha. Maybe!

And as for Smokey, she is a nut. That is the craziest cat I've ever met in my life. She is so good and so smart, but god is she annoying and completely insane. She will meow at me until I figure out what she wants. Normally if I walk into the kitchen though she'll tell me what she wants. (food, water or outside.) She's the one we saved from our old apartment complex because her owner died and didn't leave a cat plan.

So I'm having banana chips and coffee for breakfast. I really wish Ellie was old enough to have banana chips! I just want a rabbit to share bananas with again. lol I know that probably sounds weird. But mine and Foo's morning ritual was to eat the ends off my son's banana. Ellie doesn't know what a banana is, but I'm sure she'll love it! Most bunnies love banana's. I wish I could share my banana chips with her.

I doubt the vet will charge you much for her prints! Then again, who knows :/

Awh, yeah, Nanners in the morning are the best.

I LOVE peanut butter so I'm always eating something with it, usually an apple or banana at which point the bunnies get a piece (minus the PB) :)

I know! I was the same way with Foo. My son eats a lot of bananas and I only take bites of his and I eat apples, so Foo got those things.
I just can't wait to give Ellie the good stuff! haha. I'm going to wait longer than 12 weeks with her though, because I'm not totally sure how old she is. She's still so tiny.

Latest posts

Back