My Heart Is Breaking(UPDATE)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JadeIcing

Reaction score
Things were going so well between the boys. Just some fur pulling. Than today I get a call someone is interested in him but if we want him he is ours. The person has adopted from us before and is a great home.

So I say we will let her know Friday. Get home and let them out together few minutes later they break out in a fight. Ok happens. I look Chibi over and he has an actual bite.

I think with time I could bond with them but I can not let Chibi miss a chance for home. It is breaking my heart but I have to put him first. I just know with time I could make it work.

After this I am going to take a break from fostering or maybe just stop. I don't have the time I used to have for this. I just can't stop crying.

I let my guard down and fell so hard for him. Chibi will lay on my lap for hours.

alicia what you do is fantastic, and i think you know you just need to do whats best for chibi. you know who the adopter is, and you gots to do whats best for the bunner. don't let him miss a sure shot chance for a forever home :)

good luck, i cannot imagine how hard this is for you!

tracy

I know, it's really hard to let them go. You sure miss them.

As a fosterer, you've gotta keep your "eye on the prize". Thanks to you, they've found a great home and a new one can come out of a bad situation. A whole new personality for you to experience!

If Butterball can find a home where someone appreciates him for the crazy mofo he is, I will be so happy for him. But you can be sure that I'll ball my eyes out.

Congrats to Chibi and hugs to you.

I have a couple of strange questions to ask.....and I'm not saying to keep him or not keep him.

I know that this couple has adopted before and would provide a good home - but - would it be the BEST home? In other words - would he have a hard time adjusting to them? Would he do better in your home?

I think fostering is great and I'm so happy that people do it - but sometimes I wonder if it is confusing to the rabbits to then move on to their permament home...do they always adjust well? Do the rabbits miss the home they had?

We've seen you can let bunnies go because you've fostered others and you have let them go. Could it be that he has truly become "your" bunny and that letting him go isn't the right thing?

I'm facing this with a few of my rabbits - a couple in particular and I'm having to judge just how much they are a part of my heart....and if I should let them go. It is a hard decision and one that I don't want to make lightly.

I wish you luck with whatever you decide...

Peg

TinysMom wrote:
I think fostering is great and I'm so happy that people do it - but sometimes I wonder if it is confusing to the rabbits to then move on to their permament home...do they always adjust well? Do the rabbits miss the home they had?
I think that probably yes, they do miss us, but they move on. With my foster boys, I love them but if someone were to come along tomorrow and want to adopt them and give them a loving home where they would have much more attention thanI could give them I would do it in a second.

Take Nigel, he's such a fun spunky little guy and I really love him but he needs a home where he can run much more. He doesnt get out much at my place and he's begging for attention all the time. Is it better than the shelter? Yes! Better than most homes? Yes! But if the "right" home comes along you have to give them up. Not only does it make their life better but it opens up a space for you to save another one who might be in a much worse situation.

And I am reminded of how Nigel reacted when he went to my friend Denise's while I was in Florida. He was answering to his name, binkying around, and having the time of his life when I showed up to bring him back home. They move on and so do we ;)

Latest posts

Back