My guest for the eveing! haha

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manda8190

Reaction score
I named it flower.... Because it's a....

SKUNK!! I live in the city where we don't even have
Chipmunks! And now we have a Skunk, Noticed it tonight I was outside
with the dogs their last time going out, I heard a noise next door
Called my parents out my dad grabbed his head light and off he went
searching.. Well he saw an animal he put it off as a white cat.
I'm thinking to myself "Great, how am I gonna keep that away from Cinn?!"

Well moments later i'm in my mom and dads room talking to my mom,
My dog Taya smelt something then I smelt it.. I told my mom what the heck! that smells like a Skunk!

Got closer sure enough it is a Skunk smell my mom doesn't believe me, I get my dad he even says its a skunk. (by the way we had two fans blowing in the air from outside. into our rooms)

So that "cat" my dad saw wasn't a Cat it was a Skunk! You'd never think you'd see a skunk in my neighborhood so he called it a cat.

The WHOLE house SMELT of a skunk it's finally going away now with the fans
turned the other way.

But my mom is so scared because she has to take the dogs out in the morn when it's still dark.

I tried to search for it but Tay wouldn't stop barking.

That stinks!(Pun intended :p) Skunks shouldn't bother you much. They may root around in the garbage (less than a raccoon would), but other than that, they're harmless. As long as you don't startle or threaten them, they shouldn't spray. They'll only spray if cornered and running isn't an option. If your mom is worried about it, tell her to make noise when she takes the dogs out. We used to whistle when we took our dogs out (we lived in a fairly rural area and even had coyotes in our yard). Whistling keeps most critters away. Talking to the dogs helps, too. Well, any noise helps, but I found talking or whistling easiest. :)

Yeah I always played music from my phone (don't like my neighbors very much so I play the Cussing and all that kind of music to make her mad. hehe) when i'm out and her and I always talk to them I'll even start talking to Cinn.

It wont stick around to eat the rabbit food will it?

It might. Being a scavenger, they tend to stick around wherever there is an easy food source.

Right now, I have a problem with raccoons climbing up onto my porch and "shaking" my bird feeders to get the seed out. I will probably have to bring in my feeders for awhile until they move elsewhere and find someone else to harass. I don't live in a rural area anymore, either! I think the critters followed me! lol

You may have to remove all food from the area at night until the skunk moves on. I would wait a few days and see if you notice him around. A lot of the time, skunks just kind of wander through. It he sticks around, you might have to resort to not leaving food out at night (if possible).

I personally think they are cute! My friend and I both want one as a pet.. You can get them De-scented. I just think they are so cute! but my mom on the other hand. Doesn't.

I once had a skunk take up residence under the steps going to the porch of the apartment building I lived in at the time. Luckily, it moved on after about two weeks. The smell was awful, and I was terrified I'd get sprayed one day, just going down the steps, but I didn't want to call someone to have it removed. It did just go on it's way, though, guess I was just a little vacation stop for it. LOL!

If I had a raccoon, though, I wouldn't hesitate to call someone to get rid of it! Yuck! They've got nasty parasites, and I would freak if I saw one in my yard.

(Though I had a friend once who would leave a window open for her cats to come and go, and at night, raccoon kept coming inside to play with one of the cat toys! The round thing with the ball in the track, it really wanted to get the ball out of there!

I like skunks, too. I think they are funny to watch as the root around. They're kind of like a big ferret! :p

A lot of places here won't remove raccoons, even when they become a problem. It took a long time for me to call someone in order to come get a very large, and very angry, raccoon with distemper taken from behind my apartment building. I even had it in a cage and everything!

Latest posts

Back