My future breedings, "no holes" clarification, etc...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a video ? The first rabbit isnt as bad but the second is Tango. You can see where after the hips she just chops off suddenly and it really affects her arch when she runs.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuAR5quPIEc[/ame]

Heres a video of her by herself running
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TQ5TQTxGfU&feature=relmfu[/ame]

I couldn't really see it in the first one, but definitely noticeable with Tango. Oh, and I like the way you yelled, "Mom, don't worry about him, film Tango" or something like that. LOL

Do they ever try jumping down off the running board?

LOL I wanted to get a clear shot of each of them running down the table. We got it though in the end :p

They do actually. . When they are babies I try to avoid that problem but after being at a show with all the excitement running in our backyard becomes boring and Tans love exploring new stuff. LOL sorry for taking this off topic :)

LOL! How do you keep them on the table, once they're bored of it? I can just picture you chasing down a bun that got bored and wants to explore. LOL

wendymac wrote:
LOL! How do you keep them on the table, once they're bored of it? I can just picture you chasing down a bun that got bored and wants to explore. LOL
I finally just had to put a barrier at each end of my running table to keep my Tans on there. Mine is also up against the wall too, so I only had to watch one side, hehe.

I think I actually have seen Yankee in person at the last show I went to!

Smart thinking!!! I love the running breeds, but we aren't able to add another breed. :( When we ever get our FL herd where it needs to be (so we can cut back on numbers) and our Cal herd where it needs to be, then I plan to get a running breed rabbit. Not to breed, but just to show. I like the tans a lot...with the Brits a close second.

DharmaBuns wrote:
wendymac wrote:
I finally just had to put a barrier at each end of my running table to keep my Tans on there. Mine is also up against the wall too, so I only had to watch one side, hehe.

I think I actually have seen Yankee in person at the last show I went to!

That is very possible. I sold her and her brother(union) to Maddie Pratt (now an ARBA judge). She is from MI. She just informed me that Yankee had 6 healthy babies :)

Wendy! Ooooo you should add a running breed! I would have them all if I could!

OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
wendymac wrote:
:yeahthat: I don't think we're to come right out and discuss the actual "other means", but not really sure.

With that in mind, I wish we could have a separate forum area for "other means" discussions. It sure would help some of us that are looking for that kind of information...

I agree with this. It seems almost contradictory to encourage responsible breeding, but eliminate that very important side of things which is what makes many breeding programs responsible!

I have pet bunnies too, so I understand that many are just very loved pets.:)But learning about all sides of the hobby really brings a better understanding to how we can all control populations and provide adequate care for what we produce.

Why did the forum transform? I am interested in learning this, not because I want to do it, but I also feel its a very important side of this whole industry and I would like to learn about it.

Maybe we still can? I'm not sure, but I do know when I just jokingly said I was going to eat Spaz, I was told that wasn't to be discussed.

Sarah, if I wasn't always scrambling to get cages at weaning times, I'd love to add one. The first running breed I saw was the Checkereds. I wanted one of them, until I was told by a friend that's been breeding them forever that they're big on biting, too. lol I love the coloring on the tans and the size of the Brits, so it'll be between those two. Eventually.

wendymac wrote:
Maybe we still can? I'm not sure, but I do know when I just jokingly said I was going to eat Spaz, I was told that wasn't to be discussed.

Sarah, if I wasn't always scrambling to get cages at weaning times, I'd love to add one. The first running breed I saw was the Checkereds. I wanted one of them, until I was told by a friend that's been breeding them forever that they're big on biting, too. lol I love the coloring on the tans and the size of the Brits, so it'll be between those two. Eventually.
Tans <3 I just can't say enough good things about them. They're just so wonderful!

I would love to add English Spots to my rabbitry but I just don't have enough room. Every cage that had an ES in it I'd be thinking "Man..I could have had another Tan in there!" :biggrin:

And yes, I think I saw either Union or Yankee win Best of Breed. They were both absolutely stunning!

I don't normally look in the rabbitry section, but seeing how popular this this thread was in the recent posts section, I thought I'd see what was going on.

While i am pro rescue, I'm not anti breeder. I'm anti irresponsible breeder (aka breeding animals of unknown origins, being careless as to who they adopt out to, etc). I dont feel like any of you here fit that bill and I'm sorry that you got attacked, Wendy.

I think sometimes in rescue people forget that the ultimate goal is for them not to have to exist. This is accomplished by educating owners and from ethical breeders such as you guys telling off the breeders who dont take pedigree, long standing health through multiple generations, and knowing where most of the litter is going to be placed prior to the breeding and other such standards.

Latest posts

Back