My friends rabbit refuses to eat veggies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STEPHANIE11

Reaction score
My friends rabbit is about a year old now andevery since she was a baby she always refused to eat her greens. Shewon't eat anything except for pellets and timothy hay. We have triedalot of times to get her to eat but she just turns her head and walksaway. She won't even touch them.

How can we get her to start eatingwe know this probably isn't good for her ?

Hmm not sure how you could changethis:?Although I don't think it's a big problem. I think somepeople do feed a pellet/hay only diet.:)

Some buns are just fussy:rollseyes

Have you tried a few different veggies?

My Wildfire was like that. She wouldbe so offended if you offered her any veggies, she would grunt and tuckher mouth down when you would hold it out to her.

If I left it in the cage over night, she would often eat some, but onlyonce I had started her on a limited pellet diet would she even think oftrying some.

Now that she's bonded with Zeke and Baxter, and since they both lovetheir veggies she's changed her mind about them. It's amazingwhat a little competition will do for a bunny. She nowgobbles down her greens right beside her boys.

A bunny who is on a good quality pellet, and lots of hay should beokay. If she won't eat veggies, then there is not much youcan do but try different kinds in hopes of finding one she likes.

--Dawn

We have tried pretty much every veggie on thesafe food list she simply hates everything she doesn't even like foodsthat are considered a treat. We left plate of veggies in her cage andshe kicked it away. :X

she is very fussy lol not like my bunny who has the appetite(sp?) of a lion hehe:cool:

Latest posts

Back